587,104 active members*
4,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GRECO Controller

Hi everyone

I'm new here so please excuse me if i did post this in the wrong place

i have a CNC with a Machine tool interface Controller (Greco System)
    by somehow this controller corrupted, and i found out that some IC's in it burned and damaged, so i did the right thing by changing these IC's but still have a problem with one of these IC's because it was totally burned over and can't find the Number and of it.

Its a 6Pin IC.
    My friend told me that you can find the solution for this CNC zone.. so here i'am.

so i don't know how you can help me with my Crisis but maybe if someone have the same controller can give me the number of the IC.
    or maybe if anyone have know about a website give the diagram of this kind of controller.
    and here is the link for the controller website:
    http://www.grecosystems.com/products/mtic.htm

Thank you guys.

The Greco system inside board picture:
    http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7600/r754.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R(754).jpg   R(810).jpg  

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Sorry guys.. i meant an 8 pin IC

and thanks mr jalessi but you just posted the same website that i already included in my post.

Anyway thank you but still need help

anyone......!!!?

Why don't you try the system manufacturer first. I've never dealt with Greco before, but most system manufacturers have an interest in keeping their products running and customers happy.

[email protected]

Tom Wade

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelTom View Post
    Why don't you try the system manufacturer first. I've never dealt with Greco before, but most system manufacturers have an interest in keeping their products running and customers happy.

[email protected]

Tom Wade
    Thank you TarHeelTom for your reply..
    well... i did contact system manufacturer as you suggested, also i contacted
    8 more engineering companies work in the same field and used to work with GRECO SYSTEM, but unfortunately none of them responded to my e-mails.

Thats why i came here seeking for help.
    can you please tell me where should i post this thread in CNC Zone, because i'm still not sure if i did post this in the right place.

Thank you

Have you tried calling Greco?

My first thought would be the electronics forum.

On the other hand, I suspect that many people here just click on the "New Posts" button, so it may not really matter which forum you post it on.

Tom

greco sysyem

I bought a bridgeport series 1 cnc with Greco systems control. Everyone said they heard how good they are, a buddy used them on lathes. I have called Greco a few times and emailed, but I guess if you didn't purchase it from them, they don't care to help with any info, I thought it was just me.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhogg View Post
    I bought a bridgeport series 1 cnc with Greco systems control. Everyone said they heard how good they are, a buddy used them on lathes. I have called Greco a few times and emailed, but I guess if you didn't purchase it from them, they don't care to help with any info, I thought it was just me.
    It's spelled Gecko, and they are the best.

They don't care where you bought it. They give other resellers a very good deal for selling their product.

Here is a link to another Bridgeport:
    Bridgeport Series II Interact 2 CNC Mill

I found that article a lot of help when i started my project.

There is a Gecko forum on this website, and I've found that Mariss read the forum and replies to it at least once a day.

I've also called him at the factory, and gotten immediate help.

And his warranty can't be beat. The first time you have a failure of one of his drives, he either replaces it or repairs it free, no questions asked. The second time depends on the cause of the failure. But if you buy the 203V drives, for instance, it's almost impossible to cause a failure, except by connecting it to reverse polarity. And there is a tiny fuse installed in each drive. Doing anything drastic caused that tiny fuse to blow before the magic smoke is let out.

Here's a link to my Bridgeport build:

Tom Wade -- Machinist Section -- New CNC Mill

Tom

greco cnc station

Tom, thanks, but I think you're talking about a different company. Greco cnc station is a control with keyboard and 3 1/2 floppy drive to replace the old tape drive of the NC machines.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhogg View Post
    Tom, thanks, but I think you're talking about a different company. Greco cnc station is a control with keyboard and 3 1/2 floppy drive to replace the old tape drive of the NC machines.
    Okay, maybe you are right.

Tom