587,158 active members*
3,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Setting up a new to us machine

I am in the process of trying to set up a Tsugami BW-07 with a Fanuc LM1 control. The problem I am running into is when I try to transfer a program from my CNC card to the controller it throws an alarm- MEMORY CARD ERROR 114. I have been unabe to find out what this error is and how to get around it. PLEASE HELP!! I am fairly new to this and will probably be asking for more advce in the future. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LATHEGIRL View Post
    I am in the process of trying to set up a Tsugami BW-07 with a Fanuc LM1 control. The problem I am running into is when I try to transfer a program from my CNC card to the controller it throws an alarm- MEMORY CARD ERROR 114. I have been unabe to find out what this error is and how to get around it. PLEASE HELP!! I am fairly new to this and will probably be asking for more advce in the future. Thanks
    Welcome to the Zone.

Have you used this same card and adapter on other Fanuc controls?

Yes, it works fine for my SS20. Could it be too large of a memory card I am using a 2.0 GB card.

It may be a combination of the 2 GB card and the way the card is formatted. There was another thread on the topic of formatting cards recently. Maybe you can do a search for memory or compact flash and locate it.

Thank you

Thanks for the input guys, I tried a 256 GB card and it worked. I appreciate the help!!!

New card, new alarm!!

Ok guys, I got a new 256mb card and now I am getting a MEMORY CARD ERROR 0110. Any ideas. I was able to transfer with a 256 before. This one is brand new, same type as the one I borrowed before. I have checked the I/O channel to make sure it is set correct. Any ideas?? Thanks for the help.
    LatheGirl

Anytime I get a memory card error I always format the card on the CNC and not the PC. Do this from the boot screen.

Burke