587,431 active members*
2,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Death of MV 35/40

We have this machine but nothing is happening when press power on button.
    The control is MX1 YASNAC. Screen Is blank.
    All power supplies are Ok. Machine is not over travel. The main cpu board is
    CP01B.
    Any one who can guide how to proceed this Mission Impossible.
    Thanks in advance

Try setting your system switch to #7 and then power on control and see if you get a screen that says regeneration. If so then you most likely have lost your parameters. (Due to defective battery).Replace the batteries before doing this or it will be a wasted effort.Then you will need to perform the regeneration & re-install your parameters. The main parameters are input with the control system switch on the door of the control. Switch at #7. And the 6300 parameters are installed with switch set to #4. You must exit parameter page and re-enter to have the 6300 parameters displayed on screen.. Also you must press insert key at desired parameter to edit the values.

Dear dlservice:

First of all, I would like to thank you for kind reply. After a long time, some one has looked into my problem. My machine is still out of order.

I want to inquire where this switch#7 is located ? Either on the main cpu or memory board or on the door.

Screen is blank totally and there is no light on the panel when we press on the power on button.

Warm Regards.

This is a rotary thumbwheel switch that is sometimes located on the control door by the Main control boards or it may be near the tape reader. It will have a label on it that will tell you what each # position is for. Position #7 will be labeled as "System"

Dear,
    I have found thumb wheel switch from 0 to 9 and are labled as
    The current setting is on switch # 0
    0 system
    1 parameter
    2 check
    3 load
    4 test(0)
    5 test(1)

the other has no label.

Kindly guide further. Where cable from this rotary switch goes to.

No need to worry about where the cable goes. You need to try what I asked you to do in the first reply. Put switch to # 7 and power up the control and see if you get a screen on your CRT that says Regeneration and it will have 2 choices for buttons to be pushed to execute the regeneration. It will be the top choice on the screen. When you push the sequence of buttons asked for, the screen will go blank and after a few moments it will display "GENERATION COMPLETE" . At this point you will need to reload the system parameters. (Hopefuly you have a list of these for this machine). If not than I suggest you try to obtain a copy from the machine manufacturer or the previous owner.
    Mainly what we are trying to do here is just to see if the control has lost it's parameters.

We have a MV55 with yasnac MX1 controls After weeks of hair pulling and trial and error
    I have got it.In this case there is a switch near the power supply's marked 7 volt on
    and off make sure it is tured on.It is next to the Voltage adjustment panel(24v 7 v 5v) inside the door behind the tape reader.The reason I know this is when the machine was moved to the new biulding the switch got turned off and there was no screen at power up.Hope this helps.

Dear Dlservice,
    While working to find the problem, i am now facing new problem before to test your advice. Now when i power on push button from operator panel then
    numerical control contactor NCMX on TU01 turned on and turned off about 2 or 3 seconds later.
    This is again great problem. Manual says it is due to 5 V out faulty or 5 V out put is short circuited. Any idea ?