588,039 active members*
3,792 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > Modernization of the Elm Dc Servo Controller (Russian UHU by Hudognik)
Page 12 of 15 21011121314

Smile Thank

Excellent!

hi guy's any one can post the fuse bit's for atmega48_20au I have problem with them thanx

I think this may be the ideal controller for my next project, but reading this thread has confused me a little.
    What is the current status of this project and is there currently a working version available? I can make etch and build my own boards and have an AVRISP2 so programming the AVR's is no problem here.

I have a pile of parts ready to build a new desktop PCB router to replace my old inkjet PCB printer(awesome results but very temperamental). All I need is a 3 axis servo driver, so I think a DIY solution like this would fit the bill nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher454 View Post
    I have a pile of parts ready to build a new desktop PCB router to replace my old inkjet PCB printer(awesome results but very temperamental).

Amen to that, direct printing certainly produces impressive results but the "character" of the process makes life interesting, going back to milling PCB's from now on myself.

Cheers.

Russell.

I let my PCB printer sit unused for a year. the head now needs cleaning(always a gamble) and I have to re-tune my ideal photoshop color settings (since I have since re-installed win7)
    I was getting flawless QFP-100 pads and such but it looks like I may be able to do the same with the right bit in a router, without the setup complexity.

In my spare parts collection I noticed i have everything for a pcb router, including some electrocraft servo motors,2 used Parker-Dadal linear stages and some 1" linear bearings just need an inexpensive 3 axis servo control solution and some small items.

Yeah sitting idle killed my printer as well.

The original ELM should run a PCB router with no probs, Krazatchu was making servo boards as well, I don't know if he is selling them but he is posting on this thread so will probably comment.

I am using the original elm boards on my router and they have worked flawlessly since install.

Also I hear that there are some sweet machine controllers running on Arduino's with built in g-code interpreter outputting something like 50Khz. I don't have a link handy but a bit of googling should find it.

Cheers.

Russell.

Yes, here I am, just a little slow to reply...
    I've been preparing a project for kickstarter and as a result haven't spent much time working on the Servo Software.

When I get around to finishing up the Servo software (PIV implementation) it will be open sourced for the community.
    I've made a few posts of the ongoing status here:
    http://n0m1.com/2011/11/19/nomi-locus-dc-servo-kit/
    http://n0m1.com/2011/12/21/inline-as...ature-decoder/
    http://n0m1.com/2011/12/31/dc-servo-...ate-of-motion/

I'm also thinking about making a pre-assembled SMD version without the H-bridge for use with the OSMC project, any interest?

Michael
    http://n0m1.com/
    Krazatchu Design Systems

Hi Everyone!

I looking for a free and easy servo controller for my CNC. I read few pages in this forum, and I saw very nice designs. But, i would like to ask the "older forumers" Which design is recommended for a "beginner servoist " ?

(My cnc is a pretty small design, so I plan to install small 12-14v DC motors (cca 0,5-1nM torque)

Thanks!
    x2netkr

Edit: I looked around in the spare parts, and I found few L6203s. I see a schem with L298.... it's works?

Krazatchu,

I have downloaded a couple of the versions of this that were posted earlier in this thread. I dont speak or read Russian (I'm really not even that good with my native English) so I used Google translate to translate the code comments into English. It looks like it was successful, the generated English is very easy to understand and sensible.

When I get a chance I'd like to post it here, both for error checking and as a resource for others.

Punisher454,

Sounds good to me.
    Google must have improved recently, I had a go at translating it a while ago and it didn't get more than 25% of the words.
    I think a lot of the technical/programming/mechanical jargon wasn't recognized.

When I'm finished the new software I will open source it.
    It will be mostly/all C so it will be portable and easy to extend/understand.
    (And it will be well commented in English)

Michael
    http://n0m1.com
    Krazatchu Design Systems

Ok, here are the translated files. These are saved from MS-Word as plain text files.
    The method I used to get google translate to work was to copy blocks of code and past it into Google-translate and copy and paste the translated version back over the original. Google translate will not do the whole thing all at once.

I have not really had time to look the results over very carefully, I've been very busy lately.
    hopefully this will help somebody else.

I look forward to seeing a future version in C.

Marvin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question

How to connect it to h bridge with PWM & DIR input ?

I bought this h bridge eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

hi guy's any one can post the fuse bit's for atmega48_20au I have problem with them thanx

hi i built the servo drive and it work nicely with 12V motor supply but when i increase the voltage servo error occurred and the motor run at fall speed and i loss the control please help me

Quote Originally Posted by punisher454 View Post
    Ok, here are the translated files. These are saved from MS-Word as plain text files.
    The method I used to get google translate to work was to copy blocks of code and past it into Google-translate and copy and paste the translated version back over the original. Google translate will not do the whole thing all at once.

I have not really had time to look the results over very carefully, I've been very busy lately.
    hopefully this will help somebody else.

I look forward to seeing a future version in C.

Marvin
    Your translated versions are corrupted and missing semicolons in certain places. It comes out to be a mess when you try using it.

Question

I need help with modification RC low pass filter.

This scheme is for 30khz DSPIC microcontroller.
    Attached Files Attached Files

M)(M,
    When I get a chance I'll compare the original files to the translated ones and correct the errors. I have not built this yet (plan to in about 4 or 5 months).

Untill then you can just use the original versions uploaded by krazatchu and then if you want to modify the code you can just use the translated versions for reference if you wish to read the comments.

Of course hopefully a newer better version will be available by then making all this obsolete

Here is my mistake! Sorry!
    Regards to all!

Quote Originally Posted by arisov77 View Post
    Video work modified ElmChan Dc Servo Controller http://depositfiles.com/files/tseutbpe8]DepositFiles
    Hi, Arisov and all friends!
    Where can I download this program?
    Regards,
    Slavoljub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slika001.jpg  

Page 12 of 15 21011121314