587,672 active members*
4,305 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by PVO View Post
    I was hoping to get lucky on here and maybe find someone with industry knowledge on the subject perhaps from Rotax, Evinrude, etc as I'm very curious as to what they use for simulation tools.
    Hello,
    I don't want to burst any bubbles, but having worked in Automotive OEM design facilities, the odds of getting anyone currently working for one of those names to come out here giving away secrets is pretty unlikely.

The first rule in these places is "Tell no-one anything", seriously you can lose your job for taking a camera inside some of these test areas let alone giving away clues.

but on the bright side often the data and test results are so derivative of a particular manufacturers work that it would be of little use except in copying a design rather than creating one from new.

I hope this helps at least in an understanding of how the industry works,

Best Regards
    Rick

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Tiglon Eng View Post
    Hello,
    I don't want to burst any bubbles, but having worked in Automotive OEM design facilities, the odds of getting anyone currently working for one of those names to come out here giving away secrets is pretty unlikely.

The first rule in these places is "Tell no-one anything", seriously you can lose your job for taking a camera inside some of these test areas let alone giving away clues.

but on the bright side often the data and test results are so derivative of a particular manufacturers work that it would be of little use except in copying a design rather than creating one from new.

I hope this helps at least in an understanding of how the industry works,

Best Regards
    Rick
    Never hurts to try though does it?