Something needs a clarification before this thread goes any further.

Talent, is your ultimax 2 actually the upgraded max 32 dsp or whatever it's called? Looks like the max 2 but has more like max 3 internals?

Reason I ask is ultimax 2 video is NOT vga compatible at the signal level like the ultimax 3. It's an old TTL video output and is completely different to cga/ega/vga.

I spent many hours trying to interface it to vga with various (cheap and very expensive) video converters, and was almost successful, but could not get it working perfectly due the unusual hsync timing on the ttl video source. It might be achievable with custom circuitry to alter the hsync timing but the time periods that required altering were so small that I could not do it easily and didn't have the time to persevere.

So, long story short, I am thinking that daveh666, assuming his km3p's are original max 2's, has just bought two replacement screens that cannot be fitted to his machines on the basis of slightly inaccurate statements in this thread...

Also worth noting is that nobody makes drop in replacement lcd screens for the ultimax 2 like they do for just about every other control out there, and this is the reason why!