Quote Originally Posted by themetalbarn View Post
We've got a variety of controls that we're dealing with. We've got Mazak, Fanuc, Siemens, maybe some others. The main one I'm concentrating on right now is a Fanuc 15TA, basically for test purposes. This is the oldest of them all, so if we can do something with this one, the rest may be easier.

I'll have to look into the M30 idea, but we may not finish a part in one shift, if that matters with M30.

I need some more brainstorming here.
What controls do you have? We can monitor some Siemens, Mazaks and Fanucs through the Ethernet port and give a load of information that is unambiguous including Feed Rates turned down etc.. It does depend on age. My advice for the older controls, accept the limitations - you will spend a lot of time and effort and frustration trying to eek out every signal from them. DPRNT & data acquisition modules work but can be time consuming to add. If your Mazaks are Fusion / Matrix, your Siemens is 840D (PCU50) and your Fanuc an i Series with FOCAS we just install some software, plug in a cable and away you go... no major program changes or signal finding required.