587,126 active members*
2,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Contacting Syil?

I'm interested in a Syil mill.

Who is the best dealer, and what is the best way to contact them?

Does anyone know about delivery times?

Quote Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post

Vader-
    I followed your post on the Tormach forum- that was a bad experience, but going this way is out of the frying pan and into the fire. My suggestion is a used Haas if its in your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by GITERDUN View Post
    Vader-
    I followed your post on the Tormach forum- that was a bad experience, but going this way is out of the frying pan and into the fire. My suggestion is a used Haas if its in your budget.
    I hear what you're saying. If I have learned anything from my Tormach experience it is that no matter who you go with you are pretty much on your own if you have problems. That is with the exception of the good people here.

Not many choices out there, and none without problems. Knowing what I know now, I can build my own from scratch, or go with something that needs tweeking. I think I would rather get something that at least has all the parts with it and has a chance of working with the knowledge I will surely need to work the bugs out on my own.

Someone on the Tormach thread suggested that I just own the problem and fix it. I wish I had done just that, but I had misguided faith that Tormach would take care of me.

I have been looking for a used Haas but the chances of finding one within 200 miles are slim to none. For now I'll go with a smaller mill that will do the engraving I need to do and get a bigger mill that will do what I want to do later.

I have a BIG chunk of family money coming my way in the next few years, at that time I'll buy a new Haas or just call it good and travel.

Any ideas on a small mill to get me by in the mean time would be appreciated.

Boxford Holdings
    Check out their VMC 300i

Denford Website - Machines
    Check out their VMC 1300

Both manufactrers in the UK I`m afraid but they have been in business since the 80s, excellent products from solid companies :-) :-)

you can contact syil america.
    we just have a shipment in ready to load..
    Syil America | Bench top CNC | Bench top Mill | Used CNC milling machines | CNC Mills
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

I e-mailed syil america last week and Justin called when I was out. I'm only a few hours south and would love to come up and see a syil mill working. If they had a X5 in stock and I liked what I saw I would love to take one home.

I e-mailed syil america last week and Justin called when I was out. I'm only a few hours south and would love to come up and see a syil mill working. If they had a X5 in stock and I liked what I saw I would love to take one home.
    i`m not sure they have inventory,but there new shipment will load next week..
    it is include a lot of x5...

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    i`m not sure they have inventory,but there new shipment will load next week..
    it is include a lot of x5...
    I talked to Jeff and he said ALL the X5's were pre-sold. Is this the same shipment or a second shipment?

I talked to Jeff and he said ALL the X5's were pre-sold. Is this the same shipment or a second shipment?
    Vaderspade,

Give Microkinetics a call. I have never purchased from them but first learned about the company when I was a student at Georgia Tech in the 90's and thinking about job opportunities.

They remind me of Tormach. American based company selling Chinese based machines. However, Microkinetics is an expert in electronics and control systems. They make their own driver boards and control software.

CNC Milling Machine - CNC EXpress Mill

Thanks for the tip. The Z travel and RPM's are not big/fast enough on those.

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineRobots View Post
    Vaderspade,

Give Microkinetics a call. I have never purchased from them but first learned about the company when I was a student at Georgia Tech in the 90's and thinking about job opportunities.

They remind me of Tormach. American based company selling Chinese based machines. However, Microkinetics is an expert in electronics and control systems. They make their own driver boards and control software.

CNC Milling Machine - CNC EXpress Mill

Yes, I can believe that the Z travel is only 5" or less. Not very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackICE1 View Post
    Yes, I can believe that the Z travel is only 5" or less. Not very useful.
    That does seem strange. Looking at the picture for the CNC Express XL the Z looks like a lot more travel. Wonder if they are moving the quill instead of the entire head (ouch). You might want to call them and find out.

I think you are right the Z axis is moving the spindle not the head. Isn't that going to be a PITA if you move the head having to rezero Z.

I hear what you're saying. If I have learned anything from my Tormach experience it is that no matter who you go with you are pretty much on your own if you have problems. That is with the exception of the good people here.

Not many choices out there, and none without problems. Knowing what I know now, I can build my own from scratch, or go with something that needs tweeking. I think I would rather get something that at least has all the parts with it and has a chance of working with the knowledge I will surely need to work the bugs out on my own.

Someone on the Tormach thread suggested that I just own the problem and fix it. I wish I had done just that, but I had misguided faith that Tormach would take care of me.

I have been looking for a used Haas but the chances of finding one within 200 miles are slim to none. For now I'll go with a smaller mill that will do the engraving I need to do and get a bigger mill that will do what I want to do later.

I have a BIG chunk of family money coming my way in the next few years, at that time I'll buy a new Haas or just call it good and travel.

Just curious- did you ever get in touch with Syil and buy a machine?

we just finish another shipment for syilamerica.and ready to load very soonly.

Quote Originally Posted by GITERDUN View Post
    Just curious- did you ever get in touch with Syil and buy a machine?
    Not very likely, according to US Customs, they have only 1 shipment in 2012- 20 cartons of small lathe parts weighing 2850 KG- thats about 300# per carton- most likely a shipment of those small cnc lathes.

SHIPPER
    Yuyao Syil Foreign Trade Co.,ltd
    5floor, 111#,south Binjiang Road,
    Yuyao Zhejiang Province,p.r.china
    0574-62735995/6
    CONSIGNEE
    Syil America
    1887 North Bayshore Dr
    Coosbay Or 97420 Usa
    Jeff Dossiere
    541 404 7999
    NOTIFY PARTIES
    Syil America
    1887 North Bayshore Dr
    Coosbay Or 97420 Usa
    PACKAGING INFORMATION
    Weight : 2,850 KG Measurement : 15 CM
    Quantity : 20 CTN
    SHIPMENT DETAIL
    Carrier Code : BNXC Origin :
    Vessel Name : Cosco Long Beach U.S. Port : 3001 - Seattle, Washington
    Voyage : 076E Foreign Port : 57020 - Ningbo, China
    B/L : BNXCSEA110940B U.S. Dest :
    Pre Carrier : Ningbo,china Foreign Dest :
    Vessel Code : 9285677 Mode of Transport : 10
    Inbond Code : 00 Arrival Date : 2012-05-11
    COMMODITIES
    Container Qty Commodity Description
    INKU6129804 20 Small Milling Machine Parts Of Small Milling Machine Bench Lathe
    MARKS & NUMBERS
    Container Marks & Numbers
    INKU6129804 N/m