so, i got the manuals. lots of them. maintenance, service, user, programming etc. also got the purchase and repair logs.

this machine was bought/installed in nov 1987 by goodyear. theres a service record up to 1995 from the same owner. i think at that point it was sold to someone else and used lightly until 2007. most of the major service seems to be cleaning oily encoders. the last bit of service was spindle gearbox. im betting they decided to sell it rather than fix it.

the control is a 432/10 v500, which is apparently original, as is the renishaw probe and tool breakage monitor.

it had a simulation graphics option, and dnc step 2 option. has 45k of program space.. there was a 256k upgrade crossed out, so i guess they didnt want to pay for that. also lists a brown and sharp coord measuring machine... but i dont know what that it or if its part of the physical machine.

im also 99% sure now that im missing the main coolant tank. i think the tank i have is for the through spindle coolant only, or at least thats what the specs lead me to believe.

the spec runn down says:

8000rpm dc spindle with gearbox
590ipm rapids
157ipm feed
20rpm rotary table
5 second tool change
16 second pallet chane
tool break detection
renishaw probe (actual probe missing)
150psi spindle coolant through (small tank)
150 gallon coolant tank (missing)
chip conveyor
3+1 axis operation (any 3 axis can move at once, but not all 4)
48 position tool changer
6" 22lbs max tool diametre/weight
.0003" linear precision (scales)
clutches on ball screw drives for crash damage minimising
"skc3" way coating (moglice-ish)
control has 3d contouring (g64), helical interpolation, rigid tap
tool life monitor that swaps out tools after a predetermined lifespan

good stuff, haha. now lets hope it all works