587,773 active members*
2,886 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > New sinusoidal AC servo drive development

View Poll Results: Preferred power stage type (see descriptions below)

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • SMD discrete MOSFETs

22 14.19%
  • IRAMS10UP60A power module

26 16.77%
  • Discrete through-hole MOSFETs with heatsink

78 50.32%
  • SMD discrete MOSFETS + possibility to connect own custom external power stage

13 8.39%
  • Controller logic only without integrated power stage. An external power stage must be used.

13 8.39%
  • Some other solution (please specify)

3 1.94%

Hybrid View

I've got 300w motors, so #1 sounds best to me.

What about something like a rutex, that just accepts power from a simple power supply?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Joint Development?

Just a suggestion, so take it with a grain of salt, and I'm not sure if its even feasable per Rutex's current product offerings/development path. But, I'd rather see a joint development effort to assist Vlad/Tom in a sinusoidal or otherwise modified Rutex, if that is indeed necessary to correctly drive the current AC brushless servos such as the P5.

You're obviously skilled, willing, and interested in going to production with a product. Which is great. The only additional consideration is that Rutex has an established product platform with their current offerings, which adds stablity and the "warm fuzzies" to those like me who are interested in investing in a solid platform for retrofits to ease installation and tuning issues and that will be there in a few years with a replacement when a drive finally blows.

I deal with licensing intellectual property, trade secrets, etc., in the semiconductor industry as my profession, so am aware of the difficulties and would be willing to assist if interested.

Again, just a suggestion, and the undertaking of a sinusoidal drive is appreciated as I have 10 of the 1KW P5s--so whatever happens, my suggestion would be Rutex-style with sinusoidal amplification and headroom for at least 100V, 12amps cont., and about 40 amps peak, all for use with an independent unregulated power supply (basically enough to push the motors hard enough for retrofits to small VMCs with about 200-300ipm rapids).