Quote Originally Posted by M)(M View Post
I have the red board and the blue board, the blue one is junk. Anyone who tells you it doesn't miss steps is fooling you, there are threads on this site that tell you how to fix the blue boards miss step problem, the red board has the optocouplers hooked up correctly (they are also faster optocouplers) so this is not an issue.

This is not even the biggest issue. The blue board gets my motors hot quickly, the red board does not have this problem. The parallel port pinout of the two boards is drastically different, the red board has its pinout printed on the silkscreen of the board for convenience, the blue board pinout is all over the internet.

Although the red boards are handy, I could have built linistepper or similar stepper amplifiers boards for practically nothing and that would have been better.

As far as the blue TB6560 multiaxis boards go, I have one for sale if you are not convinced and still want one. Send me a PM and it can be yours.
I also noticed something about the blue board you speak of, it looks like it uses the "enable axis" pin in Mach3 so it conflicts with the software, your totally right about it missing steps and I think that is the cause.

The red TB6560 has a "return to fault" shutdown feature, so if you get the TB6560's too warm the board just shuts down and stops supplying power to things, I also discovered if an ATX power supply is used it will shut off completely saving IC's among other components.

Cheers,

Rob
tb6560 driver board on a Rep-Rap machine