587,546 active members*
3,513 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Grizzly G0704 Power Feed Installation Instructions -- Help (T23010)

Grizzly G0704 Power Feed Installation Instructions -- Help (T23010)

Hello,

I'm a noob machinist and new to the board. I'm curious if anyone has installed a Grizzly T23010 Power Feed on the G0704? My new mill arrived a few days ago and I purchased the T23010 power feed seperately. The power feed arrived with a few nuts and bolts and a scematic of the power feed box, but zero installation instructions for the box or the limit switch. It appears that you unbolt the left side table end and bolt on the power feed box, but I'm unsure. I'm also curious about the exact placement of the limit switch.

Unfortunately this is the weekend and grizzly support isn't available until Monday. If someone has been down this road could you advise me on the correct process? I'm just setting up my new toy and want to do it correctly without damaging any components.

Appreciate everyone's time with this question and any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I'm surprised Grizzly has no directions listed on their site for the install. Were I you I'd wait for tomorrow AM when after a call to Grizz you'd likely have good and followable install instructions faxed to you or sent as pdf. Let us know the outcome.

Leo S.

go here sighn up the pdf is in the files section. I tryed to upload it here but it would not let me.

G0704Mill : G0704 Mill and other BF20 clones

good luck
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by stud523bc View Post
    Hello,

I'm a noob machinist and new to the board. I'm curious if anyone has installed a Grizzly T23010 Power Feed on the G0704? My new mill arrived a few days ago and I purchased the T23010 power feed seperately. The power feed arrived with a few nuts and bolts and a scematic of the power feed box, but zero installation instructions for the box or the limit switch. It appears that you unbolt the left side table end and bolt on the power feed box, but I'm unsure. I'm also curious about the exact placement of the limit switch.

Unfortunately this is the weekend and grizzly support isn't available until Monday. If someone has been down this road could you advise me on the correct process? I'm just setting up my new toy and want to do it correctly without damaging any components.

Appreciate everyone's time with this question and any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Did you get the power feed installed, how is it working I maybe ording one

Installed Power Feed

I've gotten the power feed installed and it works good, its not super fast on feed rate, but beats me cranking the old hand wheel. I've taken pictures as I installed it and attached a few.

Overall I give it a 4/10 for an off the shelf ready to fit unit. Regarding how it works I would give it a 7/10. Keep in mind I'm an engineer who expects that when I pay for something that is sold specifically for the unit I expect it to bolt up without issue.

After a member here and another board sent me the install instructions I tackled the installation fairly easily. It bolted up nice with the exception that there are two small holes now open in the power feed side of the table that chips and coolant etc can get into. For the time being I stuffed some old earplugs in there to keep chips and fluid from potentially getting into the gears and grease of the pwer feed. The power feed box bolted up respectable and I used some strong magnets to hold it in place while I bolted it up as I didn't have a helping pair of hands to hold it, and the bolts are recessed that you need to access it from under the power feed assembly.

The large knob is the gear shift disconnect and yes it does make it handy for freewheeling in the x axis without the motor drag.

The limit switch is what urkes me the most. It doesn't fit the G0704 and the bracket needs to be modified to fit. Then they want you to remove the table locks to bolt it in place and it sits over top of the scale on the front of the table. What knucklehead desgned something to bolt up and remove the table locks? To make a long story short I fiddled with it for a few hours and then came to the assumption that it needs a modified bracket to bolt up. When I have more time i'll fab something out of alluminum or just figure a way to disconnect it in general. The limit switch overall is a poor design as it require both buttons to be depressed to stop the power feed.

Anyway, Just my 2 cents.....I probably would buy another one, but I am dissapointed that something is advertised as a specific fit for the G0704, and isn't really a direct fit. I've taken a few cuts with a 3/4" end mill and it works and certainly provides a better finish than e cranking by hand.

Hope this helps for those that are looking to purchase this. If someone has a good idea on the limit switches for better placement or an altered design, I would be curious to hear/see your ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13.jpg   14.jpg   16.jpg   17.jpg  

Thanks for the review I just ordered one from Lathemaster it is the same unit and it is cheaper.$249.99 and $12.00 shipping. Have to do somthing about the limit switch thow. I don't use the scale as I have an Igaging scales on mine for a dro.Put use the table locks alot.

Thanks
    Marty

Does the Lathemaster unit bolt right up with no mods to the shaft drive or anything else on the G0704? I had read somewhere where one of these had to be modded to work but I don't remember what the exact machine was.

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Does the Lathemaster unit bolt right up with no mods to the shaft drive or anything else on the G0704? I had read somewhere where one of these had to be modded to work but I don't remember what the exact machine was.

The lathemaster is the same unit as the grizzly. It bolted right up. The color is alittle off that is the only difference. Hope that help.
    G0704, Craftsman 101.07403.4x6

Quote Originally Posted by kd4gij View Post
    The lathemaster is the same unit as the grizzly. It bolted right up. The color is alittle off that is the only difference. Hope that help.
    Thank you! That was lightening fast!

Yes I just heppend to be on the forum when you posted . I work second shift so this ismy play time.
    G0704, Craftsman 101.07403.4x6

Rapid Movement Switch

Quote Originally Posted by kd4gij View Post
    Hi: I just installed the power feed on my mill and have a question about the Rapid Movement Switch. When I turn the switch from the turtle to the rabbit, it does not change the speed at all. Also, when I let go of the switch, it falls back to the turtle position. Is this how it should be or is the switch broken.
    Thanks.