587,324 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    I currently have a 4'x8' Torchmate 3 with the older AHVC and the AHVC is giving problems. New AHVC is $2700 with a new lifter station. I have been wanting to upgrade my x axis to cncrouterparts rack and pinion system. I am hesitant to buy the new AHVC because of the cost when I can get candcnc bladerunner combo with AHVC for a lot less than the Torchmate AHVC. How is the bladerunner package working for you? I also cannot afford to have my system down for a long time doing the upgrade. Does it take long to install and setup the Mach 3 software? It is hard to abandon the Torchmate stuff when it is all I know to go to a system and software I know nothing about.

Hi all, I am new to this site and new to Plasma cutting tables. I just ordered the Precision Plasma 5x10 standard table gantry kit for $3600.and the CandCNC BladeRunner Dragan Cut with 620 oz-in 4 motors kit and the Mach3 SheetCam software. Anyone have this set up and would you change anything like belt drive ? Should I get the DFXtool software with the Mach3 and SheetCam ? Great site, I will try to post Pics. as I build my Table and some of the Boats we are Building.

I searched corrugated metal and found this thread. Did you ever cut any corrugated metal to check out the THC?

I am very impressed with your cut quality and hope my Hypertherm 1250 has similar results on 1" thick steel.

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Mac View Post
    Hi all, I am new to this site and new to Plasma cutting tables. I just ordered the Precision Plasma 5x10 standard table gantry kit for $3600.and the CandCNC BladeRunner Dragan Cut with 620 oz-in 4 motors kit and the Mach3 SheetCam software. Anyone have this set up and would you change anything like belt drive ? Should I get the DFXtool software with the Mach3 and SheetCam ? Great site, I will try to post Pics. as I build my Table and some of the Boats we are Building.

I have the HD 5x10 gantry kit, and it has worked flawlessly for me. I also have the same Bladerunner set-up, and it is an outstanding unit. I cant say enough good things about C&CNC, and Precision Plasma's support. The belt reductions have been outstanding, and I haven't needed to change a thing in hundreds of hours of use.

The DFXtool will be needed, if you use Corel to draw your files, as the dxf export is not good on curves, and your table will not like them. It will cut them, but you will see how it breaks up arcs and curves in sheetcam, and your table may be jerky, accelerating and decelerating to each node. DFXTools basically simplifies them into much smoother curves with less segments, and makes for a smaller file size. For more info, DXFTool Standard Edition Introduction

I use and much prefer Rhino 3d for my drawing needs, and find it MUCH more user friendly than Corel, even for artwork. You can download a demo, and try it for yourself, although corel is much less expensive. I use Rhino to design large fabrications that I build, and then extract 2d cut files from the 3d model. It is a much more integrated process, than say, using Corel to draw 2d files. But, then again, my needs may be different than yours.

I'm also in the marine business, and find the ability to design fabrications, and then extract cut files in an easy step to be MUCH more time saving and profitable, than to do them separately,... and my finished products, customer satisfaction, and bottom line show the results. You will soon wonder how you ever got along without your table. It will end up being the best employee you've never had,...... lol

I am looking forward to your build, and please, POST PICS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacs Fab View Post
    I searched corrugated metal and found this thread. Did you ever cut any corrugated metal to check out the THC?

I am very impressed with your cut quality and hope my Hypertherm 1250 has similar results on 1" thick steel.

I have, and it's amazing to watch the torch follow the metal.
    The ultimate cut speed is somewhat limited, because the z-axis speed, at some point has to match or exceed the x or y travel speeds on steep angles, and due to my z-axis gearing, I'm limited to about 150 ipm. But it gives me much finer THC resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by jmusser15 View Post
    I currently have a 4'x8' Torchmate 3 with the older AHVC and the AHVC is giving problems. New AHVC is $2700 with a new lifter station. I have been wanting to upgrade my x axis to cncrouterparts rack and pinion system. I am hesitant to buy the new AHVC because of the cost when I can get candcnc bladerunner combo with AHVC for a lot less than the Torchmate AHVC. How is the bladerunner package working for you? I also cannot afford to have my system down for a long time doing the upgrade. Does it take long to install and setup the Mach 3 software? It is hard to abandon the Torchmate stuff when it is all I know to go to a system and software I know nothing about.

Hopefully you found a solution. I have limited experience with the T.M. equipment, but I think you'd find much more expandability with the Bladerunner/Mach combo. It's also very nice to have equipment that is NOT proprietary, where the manufacturer holds you hostage with exorbitant prices. Since you are already familiar with CNC,.. you shouldn't have any problems making the transition to Mach.

How do you like the air bladder water table? Would you change anything about the design? Is there any concern with plasma dust build up in the air chamber with no way to clean it out. Is there any concern after cutting aluminum with hydrogen gas collecting in the air chamber?

I am designing the water table for a Bulltear gantry kit and I like the advantage of quickly dumping the water but am debating which is better the integral air chamber or the separate tank. Thanks for the input.

Mike

I've been running this for about a year and a half, with zero issues with the air bladder/water table. I highly recommend it. No issues with cutting aluminum either.

I provided an easy way to remove the bladder for cleaning, but so far have not needed to. When not in use, I leave the vent valve open, so hydrogen build-up is a non-issue.

How does the table continue motion when cutting a corrugated material? Wouldnt it lose the arc-ok signal? I know the Hypertherms have a setting to maintain pilot arc but I dont think that activates the arc-ok which would keep motion.

Corrugated? Or do you mean expanded metal? Corrugated isn't a problem, as the torch height controller does a fine job of following the contour. Expanded metal cutting is a little more tricky, and can lead to a broken torch if it plunges into one of the expanded openings. Yes, the hypertherm has an constant pilot arc setting to cut expanded, and it works great, albeit hard on consumables. The arc-ok signal will be lost, but you can fool mach into continuing to move without an arc-ok signal. One would want to disable the THC, or at least lock the downward movement to avoid a crash, and still risk the expanded warping up into the torch and causing a crash.

Can it be done? Yes. Is it risky? Perhaps. I try to avoid it if i can, and do most of my expanded metal cutting by hand, but have done it on the table without harming anything, but wouldn't count on it every time. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BBchevy396_ View Post
    Corrugated? Or do you mean expanded metal? Corrugated isn't a problem, as the torch height controller does a fine job of following the contour. Expanded metal cutting is a little more tricky, and can lead to a broken torch if it plunges into one of the expanded openings. Yes, the hypertherm has an constant pilot arc setting to cut expanded, and it works great, albeit hard on consumables. The arc-ok signal will be lost, but you can fool mach into continuing to move without an arc-ok signal. One would want to disable the THC, or at least lock the downward movement to avoid a crash, and still risk the expanded warping up into the torch and causing a crash.

Can it be done? Yes. Is it risky? Perhaps. I try to avoid it if i can, and do most of my expanded metal cutting by hand, but have done it on the table without harming anything, but wouldn't count on it every time. lol
    Thanks, I had the wrong idea of corrugated and was thinking of the expanded. That would surely be scary watching it zip across and hoping it didnt hit

Hey BB. First thanks for this thread! I am building a 5x10 table similar to yours and was wondering if you could give more information about how you mounted the rotarty to the table and squared it up.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BBchevy396_ View Post
    Got the plate marker/Scribe installed on the table Saturday.

The slide is Festo double acting pneumatic linear slide I picked up on Ebay for $20, It works great!
    Festo United States - Drives with linear guide

and A Chicago Pneumatic engraver that everyone seems to be using.
    After dialing in the psi regulators, it runs like a dream.
    I picked up the air solenoids, regulators, push-lock fittings and tubing from Automation Direct. They were great to order from, cheap, and have all the good little bits.
    The best way to buy industrial controls--low prices, fast shipping and superior service.

It's really odd, in the last picture, the top bar on the slide looks bent. I guess it's an illusion from the camera, because it most certainly is not. lol
    I have been looking to see what people have done to use the plate marker, is there a thread on here you could point me to?
    How much did you have in getting the plate marker set up? looks great.
    jake

Page 3 of 3 123