587,998 active members*
1,668 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge CHNC 1 Power up machine home!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mark562 View Post
    Mike

I have the same machine as you and have lost all the commissioning data due to a board shorting out.

Could I trouble you to download A copy of yours and e-mail to me ?

[email protected]

Thanks
    Mark
    Well, I just pulled the dumb azz move of the year.

I am having control issues so I was pulling all of the boards out and cleaning them. I got all done and looked up and said what is this? Before my brain could kick in I had pulled the battery out. So now I have lost the commissioning data. The screen came right up asking for it. Then it went off and now I have nothing.

That is the issue I was having, sometime the control came on and sometimes not. Sometimes it would come on the engage the drives and maybe shut off in a little while.

Now I am really frustrated.

Time to make a call.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

I bought a used input unit, control panel, off of eBay to see if I can get mine up and running. It has all of the boards and "The Battery" is still intact. I'll hook the whole thing up and see what happens.

But, Hardinge came through fast for me and attached is the commissioning Data they sent me. Has instructions and all.

Thank you Hardinge!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Hardinge was always very helpful to me. Glad they are working for you also.

The file you have is for a CHNC2/FANUC 10.

Here is the commisoning data for CHNC1/SIEMENS 810T
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Mark! Hadn't gotten into the other one yet, but now that I've checked you are correct as far as I can see.

Email sent to Hardinge.

Just heard back from Hardinge and the files from Mark562 are the correct ones. The gentleman from Hardinge was Mark also, so maybe the same person?!?!?! No, different.

Had an issue with the collet closer and an air leak, so I'm working on that until parts arrive Monday. Had a small blown seal on a brass puck that had been damaged. Making a new one out of 303 stainless right now. Seals will be in Monday too.

I love bringing an old machine back to life!

Thanks again Mark.

Mike

You are talking to 2 different Mark's, I found these files on another forum and posted here. I am still trying to get my machine running.

After replacing the burnt board and installing the commissioning data I still can not get the entire 24v system to work.

Guess it's time to call a tech.

more later Mark