588,199 active members*
4,693 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 10 of 14 89101112
    OK after needing clearing agent and shipping etc etc etc and tons of red tape in my country the macine XJ1212 will cost me $2427 more than planned. SO i hope to God it works OUT the box lol

shearder

first i was thinking about buying a completemachine, lat year jan-february...
    but no one around me couldhelp with importing how to

really accidentaly i found out typing in google cbp and the capitol city of a state gives list about agents, and about bonded warehouses..

i called the us custom in atlanta... they also very helpful.. virtually you can import yourself..
    but a mistake can turn your stuff back in the originating country, on your cost...

also oif you fill out forms migth happen you write mistakes.. you migth ending up with fines and seizured equipment..

so just dont worry on that extra.. still you have a good priceon

my first machine, i purchased from camaster... they were an upcoming company in that time..
    they sold on ebay for 4000, a 6090 chinese.. and delivered for 1200 from atlanta... about 90 mile from here..

Well I am definitely going to continue with the purchase and it is cheaper still so I'll live but it better pay for itself

Good luck keep us updated as to how it goes.
    I made or converted all my machines as they are just too expensive in this country of ours, everybody wants to get rich quick.
    Just wish I could make more time!!!

Better double check on the collet size, some spindles differ.
    My 2.2kw water cooled spindle from salecnc was an ER20.
    I purchased my collet set and nearly all my tools from maritool, they are really fast with shipping, always answer the phone when I call and are very knowledgeable... I highly recommend them
    ER 20 COLLET SET 14 PIECE METRIC COLLETS MariTool

USA is same way with importing anything over $2k.
    Government requires us to use a broker, so in typical government fashion they were absurdly slow and twice as expensive.
    Salecnc didnt know about proper import rules when I ordered my machine... luckily I was not fined even though it wasnt bonded PRIOR to shipping as required, they said since it was my first >$2k import they would let me have a pass.
    I believe my shipment went by boat to truck to a train to a truck to a warehouse to a truck to another truck, then it was at its new home!
    Actually a bit surprised there was no damage from shipping after changing sooo many hands.

What country are you in Shear?

Hey viroy and alufly

I am in south Africa. I'll wait till the machine comes before I buy any collets etc yeah seems all middlemen here want to be rich in as short a time as possible I don't blame them but it hurts the local man on the street.

Seems anything over R20k needs a clearing agent etc etc. I am waiting for another quote on Monday and hoping it is better than the others.

I am waiting for Jimmy to confirm FOB then I will have a better idea of final costs. Already have the pc ready to run on the cnc so slow but sure!

BUT AGAIN still cheaper and better than the cheapest I can buy locally. Just need to find lots of money maker ideas to keep the coins rolling in between "jobs" - any ideas? LOL

Thanks for that info EBC I'll check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by EBC View Post

I am basically sorted now with getting this machine but now i am battling to get information from Jimmy Chand. Maybe he things I am mesing him arround! He has been a HUGE help up till now. It's the last mile and now i don't get responses from him

I told him i need to do this all via an agent including shipping which was quoted and i told him to remove the shiopping - he told me to deduct $420 - so i am trying to find out now if the balance is the FOB cost + packaging or what so i can finalise with the agents! This machine is costing me R60,000 in my money - almost $7500 - I have to have my ducks in a row and NEED to ask a million questions.

I sent him an email and Skype messages - no response.

Possibly I need to change suppliers? I would rather not - i hope he responds soon!

shearder

just trust more jimmy.. what he offer you shipping based on our experiment you can go with..
    it means, he will find you the cheapest shipping from china to your place where you can clear your machine..

you have additional cost in your country, that jimmy has no affect on them..

personally me, i showed all paper to the agent i got from jimmy so they worked together..
    agent very importantbecause hell make sure your papers will be in the customs hand when your machine landinginyour country..

also, if you buy a 6090 machine.. you migth try to buy separated the table, the controller with spindle.. so youll have two shipment each less than 2000 andthat migthnot fall unde clearing, and can be shipped to your door..

Wow a lot of Rands. What are you planning to do with the machine if I may ask.

I do trust Jimmy that is why I want to use SaleCNC. He sent me an email yesterday so i have the information i need now. He will make sure it gets onto the ship!

Yes I know Jimmy has no effect ion costs in our country It is simply South Africa LOL it's about being taxed to death! I have an agent now and he is back on the 24th. He will deal direct with Jimmy!

This is a learning curve. Next time I will be better equipped and informed

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    shearder

just trust more jimmy.. what he offer you shipping based on our experiment you can go with..
    it means, he will find you the cheapest shipping from china to your place where you can clear your machine..

you have additional cost in your country, that jimmy has no affect on them..

personally me, i showed all paper to the agent i got from jimmy so they worked together..
    agent very importantbecause hell make sure your papers will be in the customs hand when your machine landinginyour country..

also, if you buy a 6090 machine.. you migth try to buy separated the table, the controller with spindle.. so youll have two shipment each less than 2000 andthat migthnot fall unde clearing, and can be shipped to your door..

Quote Originally Posted by alufly View Post
    Wow a lot of Rands. What are you planning to do with the machine if I may ask.
    Well some for myself - I am building a model of a 737 cockpit to some extent limited only by space upstairs in the house LOL

However mostly it will be to pay for itself. My wofe wants to get into candle making and wants to be able to make custom candle holders in wood, acrylic and aluminium. I also have guys who need moulds made for RC aircraft wings etc

So i guess the possibilities will grow - they BETTER

Do you have a CNC?

Yes I have a small Router I made myself a Lathe and milling machine I converted to CNC myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phpiN7fCdAM.jpg   phpsN62mQAM.jpg   phpnyOCJRAM.jpg  

O and also just finished building a 3d Printer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails !cid_75EA939E-45B3-4A71-8348-B0AAB8B51E9D.jpg  

Yes I have a small Router I made myself a Lathe and milling machine I converted to CNC myself.
    VERY lekker! I am planning to get this CNC as the first and see how it goes! If it works out the wprk comming in will determine the next purchase i.e. Laser/1325 etc - we'll see. I also think a lathe and milling machine is GREAT to have. Gives yuo so many possibilities.

O and also just finished building a 3d Printer.
    VERY awesome! I wish i had the time to do all this myself - would be much cheaper but would take me years to put all of that together!

Yea its taken me years unfortunaterly I am away for 6 weeks at a time then only home for 3 so you can imagine how hectic those 3 weeks are.

Yea its taken me years unfortunaterly I am away for 6 weeks at a time then only home for 3 so you can imagine how hectic those 3 weeks are.
    I can well imagine! Problem i used to have too with being away. Now it is just WAY too busy so though i am home I dont have much time for anything!

Check out making Robot from XJ6090 SaleCNC (just get the machine)

My friend just get XJ6090, we make robot here in Australia. Must see:

Australian inventor's workshop 1 of 3 - YouTube
    Australian Inventors Workshop No 2 of 3 - YouTube

:rainfro:

Page 10 of 14 89101112