587,853 active members*
3,599 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Hydraulic Motor Overload.
Page 4 of 4 234
    Temo, That screen shot that you posted is very interesting. By any chance do you have any other pages of similar info? If you do please post them. The page that you posted looks like an input page. There might be three more pages of inputs. "<PgUp,PgDn> Scroll" I am not sure if you can manipulate ( often that is called forcing) each control from that screen. If you can I would not recommend it. At least not yet. It would be nice to see what your outputs page is showing. I do believe that you are getting closer and closer to the answer. Fanfan

PS, Maver1ck. all those companies of controls countries and MTB: It looks like a lot of changes have happened inthe past 20 years. Any idea what happened to a company called La Pointe Broach? Also Bullard? In the first factory that I started working in, it was full of broaches, Bullards, G&L's, Cincinnatti's . Not sure if any of companies haven't been swallowed by some other company or corporation. I guess things have changed.

I don't want to side track you if you are sure you are on the right track, but I'm confused by what you described regarding the cable you plugged in. It is possible I misunderstood the series of events, but based on what I remember reading:

1) Initially you were getting a "Hydraulic Overload Alarm"
    2) You changed a cable (described as for the screen)
    3) After changing this cable the original alarm is gone and you now have an alarm indicating "Machine Hydraulic Pressure Switch"

To me, this would indicate the cable you changed is tied to the I/O, not a screen. If you try to clear or hide this alarm, are you able to see any other ones?

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    I don't want to side track you if you are sure you are on the right track, but I'm confused by what you described regarding the cable you plugged in. It is possible I misunderstood the series of events, but based on what I remember reading:

1) Initially you were getting a "Hydraulic Overload Alarm"
    2) You changed a cable (described as for the screen)
    3) After changing this cable the original alarm is gone and you now have an alarm indicating "Machine Hydraulic Pressure Switch"

To me, this would indicate the cable you changed is tied to the I/O, not a screen. If you try to clear or hide this alarm, are you able to see any other ones?
    Long story short, that is what happen.

Regarding as to why the wrong cable was plugged in, well my guess is that one of the previous guys that look the machine switch the cables out of desperation because the first problem was that there was no image at the screen... I was able to troubleshoot that and the video card was shot.

Comming back to the current problem, if I clear the alarm or hide it I get no other alarms.

I know that we are really close, I think that I might have seen the problem in one of the screens that I have browse, but since I don't know how to interpret what I see it passes by...

I made a you tube video, I havent found the way to loaded here.

This is the link.

Programware Acramatic 2100 - YouTube

Basically you guys can see how far can I browse and some of the stuff that I can get to.

I have got to the point that I just can't figure this... I know that the solution is right there but with out time is very difficult for me to figure it out.

If anybody knows somebody that knows how to figure the Programware in the Los Angeles California area let me know.

Thanks for the help and I'll post the solution when the machine is running.

Hi im not sure if I can help but may be,If its a hawke 150 I have the same machine and have had my fair share of problems with it.I have tried to follow your posts but have got a bit confused along the way.These things do some weird things when the power supplies are playing up because they supply the low voltage to the output boards that just about control everything and if connections are not right you can have head ache after head ache.The relays up the top do a lot of switching and I remember at one stage when my power supply was crapping out it did something similar and would not supply the switching voltage to the relays which in turn would not switch the contactor to opperate the hydraulics.When you turn the machine on push green button once,watch programs load,if alls ok,push green button again and hydraulics should start.Do you have a tail stock on this machine and if so make sure all buttons are deactivated on front of control.Sometimes these things post alarms that are a little bit off and it can be a simple fix especially if its a yellow alarm.Regards Greg.

Just had a second thought,if someone has played with the hydraulic pressure valve on top of the pump the control will post a pressure low error and will not opperate.I took a look at what relays should be energized when the start button is pushed to operate the pump if you need them.Regards Greg.

Temo, Would you consider calling in the first tech back in? You said that he was a pretty good tech. He probably should have been able to address the no video display but he might be stronger on diagnosing machine problems but not that good on digital electronic /computer problems. Now that you got the video to work he might be able to help you.

Also I would reconsider Maverick's concern. Most machine prints have connections diagrams. They will show where connector should go. They should also give the connector's labels/ names. Where is that other extra hyd. cable going now? Is it just disconnected?

As far as your Utube video. There were several items that looked interesting. At time equal :28 seconds the choices display mode, contacts, I/o rack, i/o boards,analyzer, print are some items that I would explore. Also at time equal " 1:12-1:14 I would look at "Cl_Elect_on" and also "Cl_HYD_MTR". Not sure what those names are all about and if they would be of any help.

Perhaps a call back to the helpful tech from the Hard drive company( siemens?) might be abe to more additional insight at looking at your problem.

Also I think that you have more than one page of I/O. It would be nice to see the the other I/O pages. They may give some good clues.

Your machine may have a simple Hyd starting problem. Or it may be a connection problem, or a software problem , or machine problem like an overtravel or a drive being tripped out, or it may be a more complex problem.

In general we were trying to help you address a simple hyd. motor problem. It may not be so simple. Lots of info is always helpful.

Good luck. FanFan

Greg B, I meant to ask you a question about your machine in my last post. On your machine does anything work if the hyd. is not on? Such as coolant on or chip conveyor or something else that does not require Hyd. It probably doesn't but I thought I would ask. If it does it would give us a clue. I am use to seeing the words E-stop. But I am not sure if that is just the type of machines that we have in the shop. How do you know if you machine is out estop? How do you know if your machine is in estop. Thanks FanFan

Quote Originally Posted by greg b View Post
    These things do some weird things when the power supplies are playing up because they supply the low voltage to the output boards that just about control everything and if connections are not right you can have head ache after head ache.The relays up the top do a lot of switching and I remember at one stage when my power supply was crapping out it did something similar and would not supply the switching voltage to the relays which in turn would not switch the contactor to opperate the hydraulics.
    You are the second person that have mention about the power supply to the machine... the owner states that it was a qualified electrician that did the conections... now I really think that I should do a triple check...

When you turn the machine on push green button once,watch programs load,if alls ok,push green button again and hydraulics should start.
    They don't start and after 10-11 seconds the yellow alarm "Hydraulic Pressure Switch" appears in the display.

Do you have a tail stock on this machine and if so make sure all buttons are deactivated on front of control.Sometimes these things post alarms that are a little bit off and it can be a simple fix especially if its a yellow alarm.Regards Greg.
    It doesn't have a tailstock... it doesn't even have a conveyor!!!... don't aske me why...

Today I was wondering in the panel of the machine and I notice this light on in what it looks like a servo control.

It might be nothing or something, but it got me thinking about what Greg B said about the power not being right.

Thanks in advance...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails undervolts.jpg  

Definitely looks like a fault LED, the bus voltage for the unit may be low or missing?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Yes, that is a fault light, but fault lights are only meaningful if you understand how to interpret them. In this case, that is a picture of an axis drive, and the drive will always indicate Undervolt until the DCBUS is brought up. On this machine, that does not happen until you press the master start button to power on the machine. Since you can not get the machine to power up because of a hydraulic fault, this would be the normal state for the drive, and is not indicating anything abnormal.

If you want to verify this, have someone else press the master start button to power up the machine while you are watching the drives. You should have a few seconds that the machine tries to power up and is checking for all inputs (such as drives up, hydraulics OK, etc.). During this time, the drives should be enabled, but once the control throws the hydraulics fault, the drives will drop out again.

The power supply Greg B. was referring to is inside the control. It does not seem likely to me that this would be the cause, but if you want to try replacing it, it can be done relatively inexpensively. I actually stock two different power supplies, the authentic Siemens Power Supply, and a less expensive alternative that I have found works well with the control (no problems after 3 years of installations).

Hi guys,

Well finally we have ignition!!!

So after all the trouble we got the machine going.

We found a Technician that specializes in Cincinnati-Millacron machines, he shows, I told him about all the things that we did to the machine; after he reviews stuff he find that a cable was plugged in the wrong place.

He corrects that, then we have the hydraulic pump running backwards, we correct that, then we had a weird alarm about the axes.

After checking tons of stuff it end up that a couple of pins in a connector were bended, we straigh them out and finally the machine works good.

And it couldnt got in a better time, the boss was almost out of conventional machinig work for me.

Today was the second day and machine is working fine, repeats measurements, runs smooth so far.

I want to thank you guys for all the input it was a very nice learning experience for me,

Thanks a lot!!!

Page 4 of 4 234