587,751 active members*
3,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > This totally sux (New doodad)

Hybrid View

and then building a plenum/dist. box out of MDF to split it up into the (3) 4" runs to do the whole shop
    Bad idea. A box will kill your airflow. Ideally, you'd want to run 6" the length of your runs, and only drop to 4" if you have to. Keep the runs as straight as possible.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Bad idea. A box will kill your airflow. Ideally, you'd want to run 6" the length of your runs, and only drop to 4" if you have to. Keep the runs as straight as possible.

Not sure how I'm going to be able to afford to do it any other way right now... Having custom made sweeps and reducers could get pricey....

Here's kinda what I had in mind.....

You should be able to find a T-Y instead of making one... Nice buy, looking ot get one soon as well.

Mine is the green version. Keep an eye out for sales on these. I found it for $275 last year and jumped on it. (Probably won't see that again) You need hearing protection if it is not in another closed room. There is a DIY separator plate somewhere online that will fit it with a little modification to the drawing. I haven't made one yet, but need to find the web page again.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    Mine is the green version. Keep an eye out for sales on these. I found it for $275 last year and jumped on it. (Probably won't see that again)
    That's a really good price seeing as they charge $200 just for the filter canister... I paid $395 which is $50 off regular price...

You need hearing protection if it is not in another closed room.
    Yeah, it's in another room...

There is a DIY separator plate somewhere online that will fit it with a little modification to the drawing. I haven't made one yet, but need to find the web page again.
    fix what? separator plate for what?

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Thanks for the tip Gerry... Ran 6" throughout the shop, and this was definitely the hot ticket.. makes sense to me now..... Thing works great...