587,240 active members*
3,335 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Coupling prototype

I am looking for a place to make a prototype of a stainless steel coupling housing.
    It consists of several parts that are assembled together. I need parts 1 to 6.
    If you are interested pls give me the idea on how much could one prototype of this thing cost.
    Thanks
    Dmitry

Sizes are in millimeters.

There are 6 parts (## 1 to 6) to be produced:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

That's not even close to a good start for a quote, or even a guess. You need to produce prints for all individual components. If you can not produce said prints, I'm going to assume you are trying to steal someone elses design, because it sure has that feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    That's not even close to a good start for a quote, or even a guess. You need to produce prints for all individual components. If you can not produce said prints, I'm going to assume you are trying to steal someone elses design, because it sure has that feel to it.

That's a fault assumption of yours. The coupling is designed by my firm and I have complete CAD drawings of every part. Once I get the reasonable quote from a capable contractor I will email him/her the drawings.

No way to quote off of that. You can't even tell what it is, one way #33 looks like an air or fluid hose and #5 looks like a barbed air or fluid fitting. Or it could be electrical and #21 could be a socket & pin connector. You could have a $500 part or a $5,000 one for just one set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    No way to quote off of that. You can't even tell what it is, one way #33 looks like an air or fluid hose and #5 looks like a barbed air or fluid fitting. Or it could be electrical and #21 could be a socket & pin connector. You could have a $500 part or a $5,000 one for just one set.
    Thank you for your comment, I have added the drawings of individual parts that need to be produced.
    #33 is a hose, made of plastic, it is being squeezed by the parts 5&2 on the right side, and by the 4&1 on the left side.
    #21 is an electrical socket connection

Up....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    are you ethically or duty bound not to manufacture ripoffs or there is a liability issue? or is it green if you see green?

Quote Originally Posted by manualmachinist View Post
    are you ethically or duty bound not to manufacture ripoffs or there is a liability issue? or is it green if you see green?
    Even though I was a bit insulted by Matt@RFR's comment, it contributed to my understanding that the initial assembly drawing that I provided was not enough for the quote, especially when Dualkit confirmed that.... and later I added the drawings of the parts. However I never got a quote from Matt@RFR...

It's all up to the individual. Personally, I would never knowingly help rip off someone elses design. Manufacturing a similar design with major improvements is another thing. It baffles me that anyone capable of designing something like this would think that a simple cross section view with no useable dimensions would be good for anything at all when speaking to potential manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by dimbmw
    However I never got a quote from Matt@RFR
    I don't have a lathe, so that was never the intention.

Can you convert those drawings to something more friendly to printing? I don't want to spend $10 of ink to print them out.

Ive only seen the modified posting which I'd assume has the orthographic broken section view of the components attached.

I agree the OP should have known better to include them when RFQing since it might be hard to gauge what the parts are just by looking at the first image with the assembly and 2 overall dimensions.

by the way what is this? Some sort of one way valve or throttling device?

Ive only seen the modified posting which I'd assume has the orthographic broken section view of the components attached.

I agree the OP should have known better to include them when RFQing since it might be hard to gauge what the parts are just by looking at the first image with the assembly and 2 overall dimensions.

by the way what is this? Some sort of one way valve or throttling device?

This is not a valve, it is a coupling with the electronic board and electrical connector inside.

The reason I did not publish detailed drawings originally is that I thought that for only one prototype to make nobody will really need detailed calculations of weights etc - just an "expert's" view would be sufficient for the initial quote.
    And I still think that way except for if was defininitely my mistake not to explicitly list the numbers of items that I need to make, since there is only 6 of them while there are more on assembly drawing-my mistake.

Anyways I think I posted enough excuses now , and even the most pedant participants will stop blaming me

drawings is missed

i dont see the coupling ports for the electronics

Looks like a downhole high temp connector?