587,466 active members*
3,166 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > missing lines in drawing

missing lines in drawing

our computer had a motherboard go out last week so i figured it would be best to just get a new pc as the current one was about 4 years old. so, we reinstalled autocad and bobcad etc... now, when i go to open a file in bobcad and say measure a line or translate or whatever... and i mouse over the drawing trying to click, the drawing disappears. and doesnt come back until you scroll the window out. not because its moved on screen. it just "hides" in a sense. then comes back. but, i cant seem to do anything with it. anyone???

I would start with the graphics. (Actually, I would start with the BobCad installation and being sure it was proper, but if we do that, every post is followed by "did you check the air in the tires, man?" )

Since the comp is new. Run windows update until there are no more critical. Look into the video drivers and getting them updated (dont be nonchalant about this part) I prefer the card manufacturer drivers, but this may depend on "what card you have".

ok. ill look into that as well. what i tried (which worked) was clicking on the anti-analiasing? (spelling) button and everything stayed put but looked funny. but it appears as though i can at least get this project done today which im behind on.