587,663 active members*
3,009 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Multus Program too big for memory buffer.

Okuma Multus Program too big for memory buffer.

I have a program with a lot of 3d surfacing and it wont fit in the memory buffer. I know there is a way to run from the hard drive but I've never done this before and the boss is all over me because this job was late before we started. Need some help please!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the boss offer a nice raise or bonus? Is the boss paying for your extra training? Do you have the machine manuals there for reference?

hahaha training? I have some books but all I've found so far was a small section about program buffer size and that doesn't help me.

I am not familiar with operating Okuma machines in DNC mode. Hopefully one of the other guys with the knowledge will weigh in. They will need a lot more information about your machine, such as model, year, hardware, etc.

If you do not have DNC-DT you cannot drip feed the file. If you have the option then you need to turn it on with the softkeys

If you do not have the DNC, you could also split it into several smaller programs and run them in sequence using the Schedule program function that is standard on the machine. I'm guessing the multus has a P100 or P200, but all controls have had that feature since the early 80's.

RUN.SDF program should look like this:

N1 PSELECT ABC.MIN,,ABC.MIN,Q1
    N2 PSELECT DEF.MIN,,DEF.MIN,Q1
    N3 PSELECT GHI.MIN,,GHI.MIN,Q1
    NEND END

Put any called SUBS into the .MIN file after the M2 and call up the SDF file using the schedule program select instead of the main program select.

Best regards,