587,684 active members*
2,888 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Pete's Cincinatti arrow 500 Adventure

Threaded View

Pete.....I would give the Dynomotion stuff a serious look.

I have done a few machine retrofits with their systems, and they are very, very capable and versatile. They are not really plug and play.....but anything that is will be lacking in some department.

The Snapamp will run about anything.

If you have C programming knowledge.....you will have zero trouble with their stuff. If you don't, but have some ambition to learn......it's doable, at least to the extent that you will need to complete your retrofit. Tom Kerekes is the owner, and his customer support it incredible. When i first started to work with the Kflop I was so lost.....but now that I look back on it I can't figure out what was so tough.....lol.

I made the decision to yank the control on my Mazak about 5 times......then some new kernel of knowledge would be exposed to me that caused me to give the Mazatrol one last try. It is working great right now, but who knows.....I'll always have the Kflop and the Snapamp waiting in the wings if it decides to give me some lip.

I assume you have all the electrical schematics and ladder diagrams (if that's what it uses) for your machine.

The big break for me came when I finally learned to read a ladder and use the diagnostic screen on the Mazak. Everything made sense after that.....even the dumb random crap that doesn't seem to have a cause became obvious. The PM guys on the Mazak forum helped me a ton. I see you've been there, too.

Good luck with whatever you choose. It's good to not burden yourself with a time frame. That only creates stress.....and who needs that, anyway.

Here is a before and after of the Studer S35 control I retrofitted with Dynomotion. The machine will also grind threads, now. The old control was a Grossenbacher.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails StuderBefore.jpg   StuderAfter.jpg