587,311 active members*
3,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco Hawk 5 M 3 D milling

Hurco Hawk 5 M 3 D milling

Hi guys,

We are running an old Hurco with Ultimax 3, and I was interested in trying out the 3 D milling option referred to in the manual. Our manual isn't in great condition or complete, as we got the machine second hand. Also I am fairly new to cnc milling so forgive my ignorance.

The manual refers to a 3 D option in the milling operations but it does nt appear to be present on my controller... was this an add on, and if so is it still possible to get it and install it?

thanks in advance for any advice

Yes it's an optional extra. Get in touch with your hurco dealer or a local hurco technician, they should be able to sort you out. Not sure on price.

Hi scaro,

I investigated it further today. We definately dont have the 3D mode software installed. I checked with Hurco Europe, and the rep here in Ireland, and they talked me through where to look for it.

I asked about getting the upgrade and they said there was no chance of still getting that from Hurco for the Ultimax III control. My only chance might be if someone was scrapping an old machine and happened to be able to lift the software off the machine using the original disks (3.5" floppy). Is there a work around I might investigate?, or does anyone know of a source outside of Europe.

You can still get the option. If you call Hurco again, speak to the service manager. He'll give you a price.

Hi Bloke

spoke with the Hurco rep in Ireland and he is adamant that I cant get that anymore. Any chance you can give me a contact in the US that might be able to help me further?

Hurco Europe still have the 3d disks for your machine. Trust me, I know they do. I work there!