588,500 active members*
4,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Cole View Post
    As stated by Al in his 1st paragraph. The 5 axis paths have options to be output in 4 or even 3 axis mode. So all the new paths for 5 axis can benefit a 3 axis user. His examples are showing how a 5 axis path can be used to cut parts in 3 axis..including an undercut regin

Hth

Ac

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    That's why we will probably upgrade at some point. There are a few of the 5 axis toolpaths that would really be nice to have in the 3 axis machines. Morphing between curves could really save me some time on some difficult surfaces I have to machine at times. I'm mixing slice and Z finish on surfaces that have extreme angular differences.

Chime in if Im wrong, but I understand the 4 axis module is 5K and the 5th axis module is another 5 K after that. Is it that great of value for say and extra 8-9K for the 3 extra toolpaths for any 3 axis guy? What if any tricks can we employ to get very close to these new but very expensive paths? Why do I susepct the new tool geomtery will be in (V26) for the 3 axis guys.

BC give us some 21st century tool options please......

4 and 5 axis guys, please PM me if you prefer on this topic.

If you are a 3 axis shop and you want the 7 new surface based tool paths that support a tapered end mill, T-cutter, Dove Mill or lollipop than you would need to upgrade to the 4 axis pro package. This is the base add on for the mulitaxis tool paths. It's also the point on my thread is to show how these new tool paths are used and why you might want them.....
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

"If you are a 3 axis shop and you want the 7 new surface based tool paths that support a tapered end mill, T-cutter, Dove Mill or lollipop than you would need to upgrade to the 4 axis pro package."

I was really excited to see these new tools types added ... until I figured out they were of no real use in v25 Pro for undercutting surfaces, and would need to upgrade yet again.

Correction: The 4th is not 5K, its 8K, However, I understand its far less IRL and A bit less then others I looked at. Very "buyable" for a small shop, just not me at this point. Very much like to hear other 4th owners input as they use it.

Page 2 of 2 12