587,174 active members*
4,250 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LR15 Turret Alarm A 260-1 B

LR15 Turret Alarm A 260-1 B

Book says resolver II issue. I opened up the turret housing and found the inside to be quite disgusting. At first I suspected a dirty proximity switch. It was dirty, and is now clean but no luck. About 50% of the time the machine throws this alarm.

One thing that is disturbing is that the TCC card shows no alarm at all.

Should I be looking for a replacement TCC or turret encoder/resolver? It looks like the encoder has already been replaced.

Thanks,
    -Jason

It was pretty common to have the encoder fail on the turrets of the LR's. Coolant used to get in them from worn out seals. Some models of the machine did have electronic adjustment on a board to "center" the encoder feed back, but it's been way to long for me to remember.

Okuma LR25-M turret index alarm 260-1

Hello all ,I have a LR 25M with the 5020LG control and I'm getting the alarm 260-1-A turret index control abnormal A-turret8. My turret turns and clamps but the last few seconds before clamping it goes into a slow turret speed early. The TCC-A board LED lights work o.k. and they also reflect that same slowness by seeing the clamp light turning on with that same delay.

I had the turret completely apart about a year ago because it blow out the clamp-unclamp hydraulic seals. I took it apart completely and put in new o-rings everywhere and the seals. I put the incloser on and fit & sealed it very well.

It has livetooling and it has been running everyday for at least a yr. tell just the other day. Everything still works o.k. but the turret did this mid program and it is a solid & constant problem it does it every time I index the turret period.

I have inspected the TCC-A board it looks fine.

Can somebody suggest anything to help

Thanks
    Bill

Well the machine is happy now. I let it sit a while, and it decided to work again. Of course, while it was sitting, the coolant went bad. I ran a month of steel parts dry, no issues. Then I started cutting aluminum and replaced the coolant.. the error came back shortly after turning the coolant back on! Ugh. There must be a short somewhere, coolant in the encoder, or something.

Again I let the machine dry out. Decided to run a minimum quantity lubricant system instead of hunting down the short. No problems for 3 months. I'm really happy with it, especially since I don't run this machine full time and the coolant sits and always goes sour.

-Jason

anybody could remove this error ?
    At this time,i have this error in Opus5000 ,but i dont know which one :
    TCC or turret encoder