Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Here is my try at LED signs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0085.jpg   IMAG0086.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by planeflier View Post
    Here is my try at LED signs.
    That looks great!

James,

Your local sign supply will have LED's and transformers. I get mine from Reece Sign Supply. I called today to find the current price. They are going for $5.00 a foot. The transformer will push 40'.

Good luck

Joe Crumley
    Norman Sign Company, Norman, Oklahoma, SandBlasted Signs, Sign Painter, Redwood Signs

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Crumley View Post
    James,

Your local sign supply will have LED's and transformers. I get mine from Reece Sign Supply. I called today to find the current price. They are going for $5.00 a foot. The transformer will push 40'.

Good luck

Joe Crumley
    Norman Sign Company, Norman, Oklahoma, SandBlasted Signs, Sign Painter, Redwood Signs
    Thanks Joe.

I checked out your website, nice work you guys do.

Thanks 407,

I call for help when heavy lifting is involved. Ron gives me assistance. I'm 72 weighing in at 122lbs and see the time when I'll have to give it up. It's been a lifetime love affair, this craft.

Joe Crumley

I really like led and digital signs, because these can attract to people quickly. So it is good post and i have done edge lit acrylic sign. But i want to add censor with Led lights. How i can do it? Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent74 View Post
    I really like led and digital signs, because these can attract to people quickly. So it is good post and i have done edge lit acrylic sign. But i want to add censor with Led lights. How i can do it? Any suggestion?
    Hi Vincent,

Not quite sure what you are after.
    Do you wish to censor something behind the LED sign by blotting it out or do you wish to use a sensor to perhaps turn the sign on as someone walks past?

Don't think you could do the first option because to make the entire perspec sheet turn a color it would need to be marked on the surface which would make it difficult to see through in the first place.

If you want the second then maybe something like this would do the job.

IR Motion Sensor Automatic Light Lamp Switch Module DC 12V Energy Saving | eBay
    The Led's I used are 12 volt so it could all work off the same power supply.

Likewise you should be able to find sensors for light level, sound or even temperature as required.

Cheers
    Peter
    The ingenuity of idiots is unlimited.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cncnutz

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent74 View Post
    signwriting melbourne

Page 2 of 2 12