587,998 active members*
1,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Where to find DIY Servo motor for Car Door,panel,etc modify ?

Question Where to find DIY Servo motor for Car Door,panel,etc modify ?

I can't find what I'm looking for.
    How to make door panel automaticly open and close with a push of button.
    this is for car panel/door/etc. modification.

sometime they use for heavy load like opening the door of the car automaticly with remote.

my question is where to find this info of how to make the servo with simple controller to do that job ????

I just need to find the controller for this, it should be much simpler than CNC controller.

help

rud

Look for a linear actuator

Do you mean something like what is used on a mini vans side door. If so, try a junk yard and pull one off of a junker.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

Finally, something I know about...

Ill see if I can help. So if I understand right your trying to make a custom feature for use in a car?
    What you want for pop out doors or to lift a small monitor or what have you is an ACTUATOR.
    The trick way:
    Get yourself a microcontroller like an Arduino. You can find them at radio shack nowadays. They also have a motor controller that will run 2 dc motors. Speed, direction, and even a brake function. The same controller will also run a stepper motor.
    The knuckle dragger car stereo installer way: (no offence car guys, you know who you are)
    Go to Linear Actuators « autoloc.com
    These guys have kits and the whole meal deal. Expensive, but you don't have to build circuits or anything like the trick way.
    Easy peasey kinda cheesey: (I just made that up, I'm thinkin t-shirts)
    Go to a woodworking hardware store kind of place and look for a hinge set that you push to open. No motor, just spring loaded. The nice ones have a "soft open" feature. No wiring, easy way to set up a hidden panel. If you want to be kinda cool about it, you can wire up a simple solenoid (autoloc) so that when you start the vehicle it automatically opens the panel. That kind of thing.

In case I have gone completely off the mark send me a message and give me a better idea what you want to do. I turned my truck into a remote control car using drivers and wiper motors for servos. I'm sure I can help you sort something out.

Good luck, let us know how it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by cwleveck View Post
    Good luck, let us know how it comes out.
    But 7 year old thread now!
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

whoops! things have come a long way in seven years.....
    ill check the date next time.