587,086 active members*
2,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

drip feeding yasnac mx2 (mori mv40)

I am wanting to drip feed my yasnac mx2 controller. I already send programs via the rs232 cable into the memory. Now I want to drip feed so that I don't have to break my programs up. I have done as much research as I can and still can not get it to work. I am using Editcnc as my dnc software. I am hoping to get mastercam sometime soon and try that to drip feed. What do I need to do on the control when I am trying to drip feed? I have tried multiple things but nothing has worked yet. I need to know the proper procedure!! Any help would be greatly appreciated

I believe if you set 6003.0 to 1 and 6003.1 to 0, you shoud be able drip feed in TAPE mode.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sweet. Now, at the control when I am wanting to switch over to tape mode, what do I do? I assume i put it on edit, click the "in" soft key and then switch over to tape mode?

Drip feeding

Quote Originally Posted by ross33912 View Post
    I am wanting to drip feed my yasnac mx2 controller. I already send programs via the rs232 cable into the memory. Now I want to drip feed so that I don't have to break my programs up. I have done as much research as I can and still can not get it to work. I am using Editcnc as my dnc software. I am hoping to get mastercam sometime soon and try that to drip feed. What do I need to do on the control when I am trying to drip feed? I have tried multiple things but nothing has worked yet. I need to know the proper procedure!! Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Hello.

Please visit the Memex Website or click on the link below. Download the latest Trial Version of NetDNC. This program will allow you to drip feed into your control.

Download Net DNC

Regards

Wayne from Memex Automation

Usually on the Mori's, you simply go to TAPE mode, get the computer ready, and press cycle start. If all the parameters are set right, should start feeding info.

that must be where i am going wrong. Thank you guys for the help!!! I will try everything tonight when i get home! Thanks again!

I don't know if the above will work but that is suppose to be a link to a picture of my control. It has the 13" crt. I can not find a manual on it anywhere. I tried everything we have talked about so far to drip feed and it has not worked. I got a big time error when i went to tape mode, got the program ready at the cpu, sent it over and hit cycle start. The screen went black and red letters popped up. I can't remember the code it was giving me but I can do it again and get the numbers/letters if that would be helpful.

I still can not get this thing to drip feed. Now I am trying with Mastercam X editor and am having no luck. I know I have baud rate and parity right because I can input the program to the control memory. I just can not get it to drip feed.

I still can not get this thing to drip feed. Now I am trying with Mastercam X editor and am having no luck. I know I have baud rate and parity right because I can input the program to the control memory. I just can not get it to drip feed.
    Drip Feed (DNC) is not available on this control. You have to install a Behind Tape Reader (BTR) to emulate the Tape Reader being fed a Tape via a PC. In this case the cable from the external device is connected directly to the BTR. When a BTR is installed, TAPE mode at the control is used.

Regards,

Bill

Dang, that is what I was worried about. Thank you Bill for the help. Now, my next question is, where can I get a behind the tape reader? And would it be better to just upgrade my memory. Has anyone had any luck upgrading memory on this controller?

Dang, that is what I was worried about. Thank you Bill for the help. Now, my next question is, where can I get a behind the tape reader? And would it be better to just upgrade my memory. Has anyone had any luck upgrading memory on this controller?
    Hi Ross,
    The BTR's I use are made here in Australia and I've never had any call backs ever. They cost approximately AUD400.00. If you need one send me a PM and I'll send you the details.

Regards,

Bill

I looked in my controller and there is no tape reader to be found. Now what can I do? Upgrade memory?

I looked in my controller and there is no tape reader to be found. Now what can I do? Upgrade memory?
    There will be an interface for an external Tape Reader. At the time when that conrtrol was new, there were far more without PC than those with. Accordingly, there was usually an inbuilt Tape Reader, or provision for connecting to an external unit. However, at the end of the day, it may be easier to get a memory upgrade.

Regards,

Bill

I have an mx2 on an mv-jr, it drip feeds without any extra hardware. I am away from home so I can't tell you how to set the parameters. I do remember. It was a bit of work to figure out.

Danny

manual

Yaskawa has many of their manuals posted online for download. I believe this link should help you a bit, around page 30 you will find what the settings can be set to. The best I recall my machine would not do well at the fastest speed, but ran very well at the second fastest (4800 baud). I hope this helps.

Document TOE-C843-8.31