587,834 active members*
5,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Learning SolidWorks

Learning SolidWorks

Hey guys, first post here, anyway I will soon be going into the design department where I work. I am a journyman machinist and I also have about 5 years experiance with MasterCam including fixture design with surfaces. I have a little bit of solidworks experiance, but not much. For those of you with Solid Works experiance, how much difficulty do you think I will have picking up the software designing foundry patterns.

Buy a book on solidworks.. i just bought Solidworks 2011 parts by Matt Lombard off of E bay for 20 and 4 dollars shipping and it had a dvd that has several tutorials..
    Having a book that shows every detail on how the program works, will speed up the learning process..
    Mike

Your level of difficulty will be related to how quickly you can figure out how to draw your parts. The online SolidWorks forum can be helpful, as the SW help files seem to be closely related to sales literature in that they are great for telling you what you can do but very light on telling you how to do it. Come back with specific questions and you'll get better answers, and don't limit yourself to one forum in your search for knowledge.
    Later,
    Charlie