587,166 active members*
3,720 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > No zoom with mouse

No zoom with mouse

As the title says.........can't zoom with middle mouse bottom. Seems trivial until you don't have it.

Works fine in Solidworks and VisualMIll. Just not Bobcad.

Quote Originally Posted by jemarkey View Post
    As the title says.........can't zoom with middle mouse bottom. Seems trivial until you don't have it.

Works fine in Solidworks and VisualMIll. Just not Bobcad.
    What Version ? ?

Works fine here in V23, V24 and V25, do you left click first in the BobCAD window ?

Also in V25 if I click and hold down the scroll wheel on my mouse I can rotate everything in all directions

Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    What Version ? ?

Works fine here in V23, V24 and V25, do you left click first in the BobCAD window ?

Also in V25 if I click and hold down the scroll wheel on my mouse I can rotate everything in all directions

Regards
    Rob
    V25

Yes, I do left click and yes I am aware of the alternate method.

Works fine a my laptop just not my desktop.

Weird.

I thought perhaps I was just missing a settings option or something but so far, I can't find a solution.

Microsoft mouse?

Update your mouse drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Microsoft mouse?

Update your mouse drivers.

Ummm, I know you don't know me but, when I have any kind of computer related issues, I:

1) troubleshoot
    (google "middle mouse button won't zoom", reboot, replace battery, check for updated drivers)

2) post question on subject related forum.

My mouse button works but it is not sensitive at all. Takes a fast twist to get the zoom to work and then usually it zooms way to fast! Never has worked on Version 24 on my Dell computer. I asked this question before and never got a satisfactory answer and eventually purchased vectric aspire software. I still use Bobcad on occasion but not very often because one does tend to miss the little things like zooming!
    Good luck and hope you find the smoking gun. I'd love to eventually get my to work as designed.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    My mouse button works but it is not sensitive at all. Takes a fast twist to get the zoom to work and then usually it zooms way to fast! Never has worked on Version 24 on my Dell computer. I asked this question before and never got a satisfactory answer and eventually purchased vectric aspire software. I still use Bobcad on occasion but not very often because one does tend to miss the little things like zooming!
    Good luck and hope you find the smoking gun. I'd love to eventually get my to work as designed.
    Bill
    Purchased a new mouse. Problem solved.

I thought this was a bunch of BS!
    But a big thanks to jemarkey! I plugged in a wired mouse and the darn thing works as designed. My regular mouse is a $100 microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse! I'll try the driver thing but again, thanks for the help.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    I thought this was a bunch of BS!
    But a big thanks to jemarkey! I plugged in a wired mouse and the darn thing works as designed. My regular mouse is a $100 microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse! I'll try the driver thing but again, thanks for the help.
    Bill
    Glad I could help. Not sure why the other didn't work because it worked fine with everything else but BC.

I went to Staples and purchased the Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop for about 50 bucks. Works like a dream.

Peace!