587,188 active members*
4,262 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Placed the Order Today Thanks Lucy!!!

Well I pulled the trigger and placed the order for my LC1290 from G Weike today. So the wait begins... Thank you Lucy for being super patient with all my questions.

Brandon

G.weike

Hi Brandon,
    Thank you for choosing G.WEIKE.
    And we highly appreciate the cooperation with you and your machine already start to manufacture .and later we will show more manufacturing update pictures.

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by etech4u View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger and placed the order for my LC1290 from G Weike today. So the wait begins... Thank you Lucy for being super patient with all my questions.

Brandon

Welcome to the club~ !

If you need any help setting up, I just went through it!

Cheers,

Red face Thanks!

Thanks ffokazak, that is part of why I finally got this done. I have been watching this forum since early Nov and there is so much good information on here and so many people willing to help out that it has pretty much took all the worry away. I actually placed an order for two machines, one for me and one for my father. I am excited already and have several weeks of waiting before they are here....

Dueling lasers?

I suppose that is one way to look at it. lol

Fantastic Choice.

Can't Go wrong. Lucy is absolutely brilliant to deal with.

Your in for a learning kerb if you have never used one so be patient.

Money well worth spent.

Joe

Yes this will be my first laser but I do have over 20 years in machining / CNC Programming so Im hoping for the best. I have been reading up on what all mods everyone does to these. I think the only thing I did not buy with it is an air blow. I think that is something that I liked about the hurricane lasers so I will have to rig that up somehow.

Hi just take your time and don't expect much from your machine. What I mean by this is don't compare your new machine with others. Its a great unit they work well. I am still learning mine. Sometimes you get the odd noise, sometimes it datums the wrong side. But in saying this I don't fully understand the software 100% and there are reasons that this is happening and I am doing something not right but will sort it out as I go.

Don't rig up an air nozzle to the outside of the cutting head. I tried this and for me it did not work. Keep the air nozzle connected where it is. The only thing you may want to do is purchase a brass tap that you can connect to the laser head air inlet where you connect the hose to the other side. This is how I am going to be working in the near future. Use the software to download the new file move to the machine set the position of the cutting head, switch air on from the cutting head and press start on the keypad. When finished closed the air tap. I am running a 14 cfm compressor.

Don't forget to buy a fuel filter and attach it to the water inlet on or near the machine.

To adjust the mirrors I would not follow the intstructions. What I do is this.

1. Place tape over first mirror close to laser tube and adjust tube so it zaps the middle of the mirror.
    2. Move the cutting head to the front and place tape on the 2nd mirror which is on the far left under the cabinet. Zap this and use the mirrors closest to the laser tube to adjust in middle.
    3. Move cutting head to the far right hand side and use the mirror on the left hand side at the front to adjust. Attach a bit of paper to the holder and sit in the head. Zap this paper attached to the holder in the middle. Move cutting head to the back and do the same. Play with these until you get the front and back one in the middle somehow and test it by doing cuts at the back right position and front right position.

I followed the instructions and I was still trying to do this alignment after 8 hours.

You can also track your ship online. Just keep busy for a couple of weeks and the time will go by quickly. The other thing is that the machine is 1350mm wide.

Hope this helps.

Wolfau,
    Thanks for all the info. I did get the cw5000 chiller with mine. You said get a fuel filter? Could I just use a whole house type of filter system? Is it just to stop particles from going into the laser tube?
    As far as the air goes, Do you use a regulator for pressure or does it come with that? What pressure do you run your air at?
    I don't really have any other experience with lasers so I really don't have any expectations at this point.
    Also Lucy told me that the pallet that it comes on is roughly 4.5 feet tall x 6.5 feet wide x 4.5 deep is that about correct? They are supposed to be delivered to my house and I do not have a lift truck here. I set it up to be delivered with a lift gate truck, I hope they can unload it with that. Otherwise I would have to have it delivered to my shop.

Hi as long as you have booked a Truck with a tailgate lift you will be fine. These trucks have pallet jacks on board to move the pallet from the truck to the tail gate to wherever you want it moved.

Just read the setup manual carefully and make sure there are no large bubbles in the laser tube.

I am still playing with Air pressure but at the moment I am running it at 50psi but at my desk I have a on and off switch I control the air.. The trick is to make sure the hose is not long from compressor to machine. The longer the hose the less pressure it will become. I am still experimenting with this. Whatever you do don't box in your compressor it needs to breathe and where I worked a guy did this and it ended up destroying the compressor.

If I use high pressure cutting acrylic then edges are not smooth so I only allow small airflow when cutting acrylic.

I think you need to set a limit with what thickness you want to cut though.

An example may be you want to cut up to 4 or 5mm mdf acrylic then you have flexibility with settings. Also try to use about 90% of max power only or about 92% when you need it and less for other jobs. I have read by doing this the tube lasts longer rather than running it at 100% power on everything.

I did not add the filter on my mine. Once I discovered this trick my machine had been setup so I may add this on the chiller the next time I change the water.

The only issue you will have is with the software. I had to download a new copy.

Whatever you do dedicate a computer for your laser cutter and setup Windows XP and only use this for the purpose of laser cutting and engraving. Don't load it with anything else and don't connect it to the internet. Design everything on your main computer then bring it over the XP Computer.

One other thing make sure your machine settings are correct. Lucy can always get an engineer to check this for you via a internet connected computer by being connected to your pc. Once you have these copy and save everything. Things will make sense to you once you get started setting your machine up.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Your 1290

I can just reiterate what everyone else has said...good choice & you will certainly enjoy it.

Joe is bang on about the lift gate trucks... usually you get a call before delivery..just confirm with them what you need.

Enclosed picture is what my 1290 crate looked like on delivery. My crate was exactly 86.5" Wide, 52" High & 56.25" deep... Hope that helps

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crate.jpg  

I believe you can use a long hose with an air compressor but you need to have a pressure regulator and a gauge as close to machine as air inlet as possible. It will of course require more time ti fill up the hose with air at required pressure but once it is reached required level you will get that exact pressure right at the air inlet on the laser. If you do not have a regulator at the hose end then you will loose most of your pressure inside the hose till it reaches the inlet.

thanks for all the info everyone. I am being told that my machines will be ready to ship by Saturday. So the journey is almost underway.

It's on my "Wish" list.
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

Got the pictures!!!

Lucy
    Thanks for the pictures of my machines. They look very nice. It is cool to see the inside of your warehouse and see all the activity going on there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08598.jpg  

laser machine

Hi Brandon,
    Hope they can reach you soon
    :banana:
    Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.weike laser

Quote Originally Posted by etech4u View Post
    Lucy
    Thanks for the pictures of my machines. They look very nice. It is cool to see the inside of your warehouse and see all the activity going on there.

Water filter

Yes, the fuel filter from autozone works good with the tubing from weike
    as an inline water filter for the laser tube. Put on the inlet side.
    The size 5/16" (.31") nipple works. You can see the one I use at
    https://frontlinelasers.com/shop/fl1...aving-machine/

Using a filter will introduce a lot of small bubbles into the tube, but
    let it run for 10 mins or more and they will work themselves out eventually.
    Once they are gone, they don't come back even if you leave the
    chiller off for several weeks.

The filter catches the dirt and other stuff floating around from the chiller
    and tube. Backflush the filter when you see it getting dirty. I have not
    have any problems with water flow using the filter. The temps stay
    normal even running at 90% for 10 mins straight.
    Frontline Lasers LLC
    www.frontlinelasers.com

Donavankk Guest
    Well I tried this and for me, it did not perform. Keep the air misting nozzle, linked where it is. The only factor, you may want to do is buy a steel tap that you can get linked, with the laser device go air in let where you link the hose to the other part.

When you install the machine, jack the left hand side (looking from the front) up by 1 inch over the right side. It makes the hard to move bubbles so much easier to get rid of

cheers

Dave