587,611 active members*
4,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC masters to mach 3 with usb controller

I just bought a CNC masters Jr in 100% working condition in really good shape for a good price. While loading the machine into my truck the original owner was removing personal information off the computer and accidentally deleted a windows config file and the computer wont boot up. So I am stuck. CNC Masters will help if I pay a maintenance fee, which I would be ok with. But the help comes to the tune of $2750.......... and yeah thats not happening. So my thought was Smooth Stepper USB and mach 3 ? what do you guys think?

Worse case, I build a new controller to go with Mach 3........ but I am hoping the IT guy can get my computer working before I have to do that. I am pretty computer savy, but not into doing things like this and I honestly don't have the time to do it.

Thanks

Does it not boot to Win or not at all?
    Did you try the boot interrupt? continuous push F8 as it boots and see if it boots to DOS or a min screen?
    If it was a visible file then it should be easily replaceable if you can find which one? It may have just been a .DLL file?

Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I am not a computer guru in this area. So what I did was hit f12 to get me into the boot screen and then I was able to install a windows 7 disc, and that opened up enough to let me see that the files where still there. But it said I had to go to the original boot up to install the upgrade. I figured before I lose everything..... I should stop because its not my area of expertise. I didn't know about f8 and kinda wish the computer was still here so I could mess around a little more. But I gave it to the IT guy in hopes he could fix it.

Thanks