587,303 active members*
3,542 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Newing Hall Apex 300 Engraving Machine

Newing Hall Apex 300 Engraving Machine

Can anyone tell me about this machine? Would it be suitable for trophey/award business? I have the chance to buy one to get me into the game until I can afford to purchase a laser. I do know by watching video that it is much slower than a laser but what limitations does this have. Will it do plastics, wood, acrylic? I figure it will do the metals since it has a spindle etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have three NH machines. All have live spindles, and two have drag spindles.

Two units have TLC controllers, and will run the DOS program called EC. I have an APEX controller that will run EC or HPGL, as a plotter, using an antiquated Win 3.1 program called EPS, and APEX-JLS.

None have other than engraving Z-axis, which is up or down. The up/down is controlled by a pneumatic cylinder, in turned fed from a solenoid-controlled air valve, from a small compressor.

All units are work horses, and hold very tight, allowing sharp engraving.

Everything NH is horribly expensive, even the little rubber drive belts, small clamps, etc. However, all NH stuff is very hardy, and will last 'forever. with minor maintenance.

If you grovel correctly, NH might even provide you with free software, and some assistance in setting up a system where the original software wasn't transferred with the machine, as it should have been done. NH does own the software, after all, and the software license isn't transferable, outside of NH.

One of these units is mounted on a rather heavy, tallish stand, and the stand carries a rotary axis, being spindle and tailstop center. In this use, the cross-axis is centered, then disconnected from the x-motor, and then is used to drive the rotary axis stepper motor.

I have had my Newing-Hall since 1996- a work horse YES!. Plastic, Metal, baby cups, jewelry, sheet alum, brass. Diamond drag, and cardbide cutters. Great company and machines.

PenTrophy
    In the Great NW!