587,348 active members*
5,547 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Alarm 24 displayed on spindle drive - not ready

Alarm 24 displayed on spindle drive - not ready

My machining center kicked into "not ready" mode mid part and eveything stopped. I reset and when I zeroed all axis X and Z moved in rapid but my Y moved very slowly and shot past home and kicked the Y axis over travel, I shut down and tried agian and it homed OK but then shortly thereafter not ready kicked on and it would not reset I opened up the back cabinet and there was a AL 24 displayed on the LED on the spindle drive Is the spindle alarm somehow related to a Y axis homing problem - home switch stuck on? - this thing is a Fanuc OM. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    maxvic

AL-24 is the serial communication data between the CNC and Spindle amplifier, I think your should look into the Y axis decel switch and may be the broken wire to the decel switch
    Ahn Vuong

Thanks Ahn Vuong - I will look and see.

Maxvic

disconnect the Y axis and re connect all the cables. The AL 24 will be disappear check the communication between drives and communication cable

Thanks, I will check next week and let you know.

Decel switch wiring was the problem - Thanks Ahn!

wow, when I answer you it was 3 years ago and you just look into this problem? that's ok, I just wonder

Took me about a year to fix it and I haven't been back on CNC until now but figured I owed you a reply as you were spot on with your diagnosis!

Maxvic

Re: Alarm 24 displayed on spindle drive - not ready

Good day, I have just registered on thus forum. I was drawn here from the use of Google. I am a maintenance tech, just started the job so first time for me to get in about cnc machines but, I have an error 24 on my drive in my puma 250. Called mills who described the fault as a broken wire...cool but I read the thread and you mention a decel switch...where is that? Or even look like. I'm sorry that its such a basic question but with no training, Im doing my best.