587,786 active members*
2,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question THK Linear Bearings - Query

Hi,

I have stored some THK linear rails with a couple of SSR20 Bearing blocks.

I have been unable to find any more SSR20 blocks to go with the rails but I have seen some THK HSR-20 MODEL# HSR-20CA1SSC1 bearing blocks.

If I removed the SSR20 blocks can anyone advise if the HSR-20 blocks would fit the linear rails ?

I hope this makes sense !

Thanks.

no they wont fit, you can use a sr20 block which will work. watch ebay, you might get lucky and come up with something from time to time. they do show up sometimes

Jon

Jon,

Many thanks, I was close to bidding on the HSR blocks. Good job I checked.

I have been looking for some SR20's or SSR20's on ebay for a while. So far no joy.

I'll keep looking.....

Cheers

There's a bunch up there right now...

Looks like you've got your answer. But if anyone else is reading this and is curious, I asked THK directly: each THK series is unique and the parts are not interchangable between any of the series.

Evodyne

SSR and SR are the same but SSR has caged balls and SR doesnt.
    SHS and HSR are the same, SHS has caged balls and HSR doesnt.

to find what you need, you just have to search "thk" and weed through, noone names them specifically ssr20 or anything like that

Jon

Guru's

Can anyone advise if SSR-20W carriages will fit the same linear rails that my SSR-20 carriages were purchased with.

Thanks !

Is the wide part refering to the size of the rail or the width of the block and mounting holes? Do you have a link? I think the W refers to a whole wider rail and block, not just the mounting flange but I am not totally sure.

Jon

Jon,

I'm afarid this is the only details I have.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks.

oh, those are just a longer version I believe, they should work.

Jon

Thanks Jon.

Now to see if I'm lucky enough to win them....

Quote Originally Posted by David Zhang
    We are the manufacturer of linear motion bearings from China.if you are interested in our linear motion bearings...
    David,

Hi. Thanks for sharing your companies offerings. I see you only have three posts, and I'm sure you meant to be helpful, but the rules at cncZone prohibit advertising in the general threads.

I am going to delete your original post from this thread, but please feel free to repost to the cncZone Clubhouse forum and tell us about your company. In truth many more people will see your post there.

Please don't take this in a negative way, I'm just making sure we treat everyone the same.

forum moderator - Evodyne

Hi,

Still on my quest to find some SSR20 carriages.

Can anyone advise if THK SR20SB blocks would fit the rails that SSR20 use.

Many thanks,

go to thk and hop on their on technical support page, create an account and hop on their 3d models and take a loook at that specific model.

Thats where I get all my models for my assemblies for solidworks.

Jon

We have many in stock

Dear Sir,

We have block from ABBA.
    See www.kelinginc.net

just so you know SR and SSR is the only THK range that has the same rail. Although HSR is in essence the non caged ball version of SHS the rails have different dimensions and cannot be interchanged.

Also, just as long as the size is the same SR-V, SR-W, SR-TB and SR-SB type carraiges can all be used on the same rail.

also if buying individual blocks and rail try and find (GK) type product

Greg, I was taking a look at the different dimentions on the HSR and SHS rails. The only different dimentions I noticed on them were the height of the rails and carraiges. Is this the case or do they have other differences?

Thanks,
    Jon

I think SHS block mounted on a SHS rail has the same height as HSR block on the HSR rail. So you can replace HSR system with SHS system but not individual parts...

GregTHK, can you elaborate more on the GK lettering - what it means exactly?

the GK lettering means that the rails and blocks are interchangable, so for example, if you have SHS20C1SS (GK) and SHS20-1000L (GK) and assemble them together the level of accuracy and clearance is guranteed to be of atleast normal grade tolerance.

as for the dimensional differences of HSR and SHS the rail and block height is the crucial differance in interchangabilty terms. SHS and HSR are designed specifically to run on the respective rails so the rail profiles are different and hence cant be swapped around, even if you do mange to 'force' HSR on to SHS rail or vise-versa you would have problems with operation and technical capacity of the guide system.

You should check out www.technische-antriebselemente.de for a wide variety of components.