587,787 active members*
3,299 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > 10bulls' Christmas tail
Page 2 of 2 12
    he's probably got 10-20 freinds I think your only option is the 10kilton nuclear weapon that santa dropped off!

sanitize the whole area!
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Assuming he's a he, then why not uses a hot, sexy girl mouse to draw him in. Food and sex. Works for primates, works for rodents. But if she somehow broke free you might find yourself with all kinds of new friends. On second thought, maybe it is best to stick to the peanut butter. Keep us posted!

Our "house vole", Fritz, happy to walk in to the plastic live trap we used under the kitchen sink, eat half a box of cherry brandy liqueur chocs. We haven't seen it since. But then we have had an increase in the owl population.
    (We used to live trap it so that Pippa had a live model to draw and paint.)
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

Great suggestions lads!
    But alas Noel is still wild and free and mocking me from underneath the deep freeze.

The duct tube and soldering iron sponge bait suggestion was pretty inspired....only thing is, after going to all this rigamarole I'd hate for poor Noel to be done in by lead poisoning.

That reminds me of a rat infestation my dad once has in his shed when I was growing up in Oz. We tried all sorts of traps and poisons (which the rats devoured with relish and little ill effect). Eventually, one day they discovered my fishing tackle box and for some reason feasted on my lead sinkers. A few days later we found one pretty sad deranged looking rat staggering around outside which my brother dispatched with a shovel. Ah, happy days!

I'm currently using the peanut butter wrapped cheddar cheese option but as yet, to know avail.

I suspect the main problem is Noel has (if you'll pardon the mixed rodent metpahor) squirrled away plentiful winter stores and has problem got his little feet up right now, tucking into a box of chocolate liquers and watching Tom and Jerry repeats on sky.

But I haven't given up yet and may go on the offensive and try flushing the little bugger out.

A prime requirement for any entrepreneurial type (and you are displaying some symptoms with your trap design) is a knowledge of when to delegate.
    GET A CAT!

Not to be a fly in your ointment but.... maybe its big because its a she and she is PREGNANT!

Nesting? Hmmmmm Isn't thats what momma mices do when they are having baby mices???

aren't they called vermin for a reason (black plague and all).

I hate mices to pieces!

Have fun with your new pet. Hope you don't have any kids because they wont like it if Noel suddenly disappears into the woods.

all joking aside they can make great pets I had one when I was a little tike! but then my parent bought ours. Can you get them inoculated?
    thanks
    Michael T.

Quote Originally Posted by miljnor
    Not to be a fly in your ointment but.... maybe its big because its a she and she is PREGNANT!
    hmmm...then maybe it's time to get that pet snake my wife has alwasy kept hinting at....
    ...Can you get them inoculated?
    I must admit this thought has crossed my mind...I'll have to phone the vets and let you know what they say...should be good for a laugh if nothing else!

Congratulations!

:cheers:

Never doubted your tallent Bulls. You have restored the faith in British Engineering.

Are you sure that's not a small rat ????

Entertaining thread.

Cheers

Vole in the hand....

...is worth two in the larder.

We still catch them by the pre-industrial method - meet Fritz, before the liqueur chocolate incident.

Needless to say, being softies we let them go again, and again, and again.....

We did try marking them to see if it was the same one, and sure enough, they never learnt.
    But perhaps they did. A few hours in the company of the biggies got you a free lunch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vole in the hand.jpg  
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard
    We still catch them by the pre-industrial method...
    Judging from the picture, this apparantly involves lying in ambush with a luxury confection, then pouncing with the good old frizzletonian death grip.

Before I started to hate my mices at my original shop. I actually had one mices that wasn't afraid of people and would from time to time come snooping on my desk while i was typing.

After the vomiting and poop and eating thru several of my computer cables all good relations were of corse broken. And since the Diplomate of the bunch (the friendly one) never came around to renew the treaty, War was declared! (flame2) and has been going for 7 long years!

I think the mices will win eventually but I am hanging in there, hoping beyond hope for re-enforcements to arrive.

I hate mices to peices!
    thanks
    Michael T.

Page 2 of 2 12