Normally with an industrial cnc control such as the Hypertherm model you have....a post processor software (such as ProNest) is used. The .dxf file (from AutoCad) is then imported and the lead ins, lead outs , kerf compensation and cut direction are automatically set.

With the Edge Pro...if your are importing a .dxf file directly...then you must manuall setup the lead ins, lead outs, kerf compensation and in some cases cut direction. I would suggest going back to the OEM or dealer that supplied the EdgePro for training....as it should be included with the sale. With specific questions you can also contact Hyperther technical support....and they will help you out as well.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by richard75 View Post
Thanks for the replys! Yes I should have mentioned that the controller is Hypertherm EdgePro and the shape I am cutting was drawn in Autocad and brought across to the machine in 2010version .dxf

The majority of the cut work I am doing/going to be doing will be in this format of being drawn up in autocad. How do I tell the machine what parts in the drawing are to be cut on the inside or on the outside of the line? Especially when there are lots of parts in a drawing. I have read about putting text inside the drawing itself, but reading about it and actually doing it and getting it to work....well....