Runswithscissor,

Have you compared your heating/cooling bills? I'm curious how much of a different they actually make.

As for the construction, there seems to be several different makers/connectors. I've seen some panels that use ripped osb decking to connect the panels with some type of foam that filled the void. Others use 2x6's to connect the panels with foam adhesive. Who was the manufacturer of your panels and the company that your ordered your kit from.

Did you have a chance to calculate your total costs? Also, on your kit did you order everything, or just the shell? I'm trying to get a ballpark number on how much it's going to cost me. All the companies that I have contacted haven't been willing to give me a rough cost per square foot. Albeit, I'm trying to do as much information via internet/email as possible.

Did you build your house with a basement? I'm toying with the idea of building a basement using superior walls, preconstructed walls. Looks to be a very neat system similar to the SIPS.

Evodyne. Thanks for the confirmation on the quick build. That isn't a huge deal for me, but is definately a perk. I'm more excited about the heating/cooling savings and the "in theory" perfectly straight walls. I hate dealing with trying to find straight wood at the local lumber yards. Last project I built, I had to send back around 50 2x4's out of a pile of 400, because they were unusable. I guess that's ok, but I like the idea of building a house with machinist tolerances.

Thanks for the follow up.