587,645 active members*
3,079 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

I have the 1100 series 3. I know mine locks out. I even double checked it this morning. As long as the spindle turns the PDB is locked out both the foot pedal and the hand switch. It also locks out in manual if the spindle is turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-4renegade View Post
    I have the 1100 series 3. I know mine locks out. I even double checked it this morning. As long as the spindle turns the PDB is locked out both the foot pedal and the hand switch. It also locks out in manual if the spindle is turning.
    That is exactly how it SHOULD be, and exactly what I was suggesting. So, the question is, why was the OP's system NOT inter-locked like that? He should call Tormach and ask. That is certainly something I would want to fix ASAP.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Re: just in case you didn't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-4renegade View Post
    It will lock out on machines with the ATC, I only have the PDB and it didnt lock out, I needed the phone cable that comes with the ATC, and they wouldnt sell me one of them as a part, with this cable it will work.

I did mine a bit different, using a separate 24 volt relay connected to the VFD output contact, then used this as an interlock with the 12 vdc supply to the VFD.
    This works the same, just a different approach to the problem.
    mike sr