588,345 active members*
5,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Hi guys,
    First chance to revisit the forum, since posting . . . Thank You all for your comments.
    1. RE: G52, G54 ... Offsets, I see how to implement there . . . I normally use a 1.000 setup block and have the Z offset set to -1.000 I see how you could make the difference there, long as you are observant and remember to always set you tool to the higher part.

2.txcncman . . . "I totally get why someone would need to do this since setting tool length offsets is so difficult on Haas mills"
    Sarcasm? I do not fully grasp what you are implying here (twice) . . . I want to do this, so as to run 2 jobs on 2 vises all in 1 program, so hit run it
    OPs 2 parts, open the doors move one replace 1 and repeat. The parts are not fixed at the same level (z).
    3. The TLO table goes from 1 to hellandgone , so I ask what would happen if using our 10 tool changer, I set tool 3 to the height of vise 1 and tool 13 to vise #2 and called those respective tools in my program?
    I have not had time to try this, it seems it should work using tool 3 as T3 & T13.
    Yes / No ?
    We're not in business to make parts, we're in business to make money, making parts is just how we do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    ....1. RE: G52, G54 ... Offsets, I see how to implement there . . .
    I am not quite sure you do see how to implement there....

G52 is not an offset like G54.

G52 creates a new offset based on the G54 offset (or any other offset G55, 56 etc).

Let us say for a particular job you set your tool offsets to your setup block and enter your Z-1.000, then you have a second job that is at a different level. You could adjust the Z offset for the new level or you can use a different tool offset for the different level. However I think the simplest way is to use G52 because if you know the second job is 0.500" higher than the first one you simply put G52 Z0.5 at the head of the program and all your Z positions are moved up 0.500".

I suggested in Post #4 that you read up on G52 and the fact that you write; "1. RE: G52, G54 ... Offsets, I see how to implement there" suggests to me you have not gone and read the manual about G52; It is not an offset the same as G54 etc.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    3. The TLO table goes from 1 to hellandgone , so I ask what would happen if using our 10 tool changer, I set tool 3 to the height of vise 1 and tool 13 to vise #2 and called those respective tools in my program?
    I have not had time to try this, it seems it should work using tool 3 as T3 & T13.
    Yes / No ?
    You are close! For your example, you will want to use T3 for both programs to call up the same physical tool, but you will use H3 for one program and H13 for the other to call up the correct tool length offset.

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    You are close! For your example, you will want to use T3 for both programs to call up the same physical tool, but you will use H3 for one program and H13 for the other to call up the correct tool length offset.
    Thanks, I will give that a try.
    Joe
    We're not in business to make parts, we're in business to make money, making parts is just how we do that.