587,237 active members*
3,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Heidenhain TNC 2500 stuck

We have a Bridgeport Heidenhain TNC 2500 that was working great until a month ago. It started to give an error code for the power, I searched on the web and most were suggesting to E-stop switches. but the real problem was a bad DC power supply. I tested the PSU1 and it didn't have an output at all, I replaced it with a bigger DC power supply. The machine doesn't have the error message for the power any longer, but it's now stuck in error messages that I can't resolve.
    turning on and press on CE button it gives an error message " Tool Changer Not Back" but this machine doesn't have a tool changer. It never did. It also have "Pass over reference point".
    After turning the system on, it has a message "Axis drive fault".
    We had a CNC service guy came out for a service but he thinks it's a program in PLC and he said he didn't have any ways to get in the PLC.
    I'm an electrician and not so sure how the programming works on these machines. Not sure if the problem is the software or the hardware. The machine is probably about 20 years old, not sure of the date of manufacture. I like to get this great machine working once again. Looking for a pointer on the diagnosis. Any help appreciated.

bump

MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH MY HH2500

I HAVE A BRIDGEPORT 412X WITH HEIDENHAIN 2500B CONTROL. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT WORKS WITH YOU WHO COULD HELP ME LEARN THE HH 2500? I THINK WHAT I NEED IS TO FIND SOMEONE WHO COULD COACH ME ON THE PHONE.

SORRY THAT I DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS REQUIRED TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR SITUATION.

Update: I found out that the parameters in the machine is not the original, this guy found it on the web for tnc 2500. and had somebody typed it in after the replacement of powersupply. I need to find a correct parameters for bridgeport interact 2 with hendenhain tnc 2500. Any help appreciated.

Hi,
    I was yesterday at an factory here in austria having similar problem ,..
    They have an Bridgeport 412x with Haidenhain build in May 1990 ,..
    Same problem from time to time you get a message "Axis drive fault".
    The mecanic is in superb condition it simply has to run.
    So i will retrofit the whole thing to Linuxcnc/emc2 standard G-code and an normal stepper control. The toolchanger i will control also by an stepper ,..
    My only problem which i need to solve is how to index and rotate the spindle while changing the tool if i have that solved no problem. The owner thinks of kicking our the engine as well i am not sure if that is neccessary
    thomas

Quote Originally Posted by bsw357 View Post
    We have a Bridgeport Heidenhain TNC 2500 that was working great until a month ago. It started to give an error code for the power, I searched on the web and most were suggesting to E-stop switches. but the real problem was a bad DC power supply. I tested the PSU1 and it didn't have an output at all, I replaced it with a bigger DC power supply. The machine doesn't have the error message for the power any longer, but it's now stuck in error messages that I can't resolve.
    turning on and press on CE button it gives an error message " Tool Changer Not Back" but this machine doesn't have a tool changer. It never did. It also have "Pass over reference point".
    After turning the system on, it has a message "Axis drive fault".
    We had a CNC service guy came out for a service but he thinks it's a program in PLC and he said he didn't have any ways to get in the PLC.
    I'm an electrician and not so sure how the programming works on these machines. Not sure if the problem is the software or the hardware. The machine is probably about 20 years old, not sure of the date of manufacture. I like to get this great machine working once again. Looking for a pointer on the diagnosis. Any help appreciated.
    Try calling Rick with Heidenhain in USA, his number is 800-233-0388 or his mobile is 847-519-4858. It sounds like you're having memory problems, you should try to get original parameters put in, and replace the two AA batteries so it won't lose parameters when you power down machine. I had a similar problem with power supplies which resulted in causing the memory to stop working properly. I had to send it to Rick for repair. Hope this helps.

Bridgeport 412x

Hi,
    we have same Issue
    After spending almost a day in the machine we decided to refurbish it.
    The macnic is great
    So we will upgrade it to steppers, and linuxcnc including tool changer.

So if you are interested ill share our findings