Quote Originally Posted by Vaughan Sage
I agree a venturi so clos to an elbow change of fluid irection probably wont work, the fluid is trying to go IN the side pipe! Can you relocate the little sucker on INside of the elbow? To CNC mill lots of them 3D... poss. to 3D mill a squarish shaped trench with the venturi effect & flow channel not round, from 2 plate/blocks of Plastic-Alum that can be GLUED! at the the partline of the 2 flat faces, Then after glueing clamp in vice to hola as assy. & cnc mill the 2 side spouts (big inlet & small suction port), rotate & re-grip, CNC mill last round outlet. Result square body with round pipes clamped over to help hold 2 splits together. BUT... make a model 1st to be sure ventri of this type still works when so close to the elbow turbulent flow!
Right Vaughan, I agree 100%, the little "sucker" will probably be presurized due to the centrifugal forces and the mass of the fluid (Whatever it is, I havn't read all of this.) On the inside it might have a better chance, but still there won't be any laminar flow.
/jan