587,772 active members*
3,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MACH3 error help

Hi Aus/NZ Club Housers,

I have a Sieg X2 mill to CNC conversion, driven by a Gecko G540 4-Axis Driver Controller in a CNC controller box:

High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Automation Technology Inc

I have checked the wiring of the box and the motors with the manufacturer, who assure me it is correct, so I'm assuming it must be an issue with MACH3 and my PC (which is purely for MACH3 use only).

All X, Y, and Z motors (Nema 23's) receive power, and act the same way across all motor driver plugs on the Gecko. This is what happens when I use them:

X-AXIS- (X-left key)= motor turns left. (X-right key)= motor turns left.
    Y-AXIS- (Y-left key)= nothing happens. (Y-right key)= nothing happens. When I use (Z-left key) instead= motor turns left. When I use (Z-right key) instead= motor turns left.
    Z-AXIS- (Z-left key)= nothing happens. (Z-right key)= nothing happens. Same outcome when I try the other keys.

This happens whether I use the axis control keys on my keyboard, or TAB and use the on-screen buttons in MACH3.

The only change I made in MACH3 when setting up my profile was to put a tick next to my E-STOP 'enabled' and 'active low' in Config/Ports and Pins. That was the only way I could get the Reset button to stop flashing.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or further information I should provide?

Thank you all.

go to the MACH forum on here I think just have to set up the ports for the motors can remember but I had same sort of problem in the beginning, also did they supply the XLM code if yes have you installed xlm code for the controller

Hi acidcustom, thanks for the reply.

I have downloaded the 540BVFD.xml and will install it and see how we go....

mach3 jogging

Hi I have built a lot of machines (Vermec) we use g540's with Ethernet smooth steppers they
    work really well. Maybe if you click on config ,system hotkeys and then enter the hot keys you wish to
    use to jog each axis this may solve your problem. I have found that even using the same config file and
    laptop to test each new machine we build that you need sometimes to change the direction of the motor.

Hope this helps
    Cheers and good luck justen