588,656 active members*
5,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Ordered a Torus Pro-S yesterday.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by LAKESNAKE View Post
    The Torus Pro showed up today at an intermediate drop off point (my brothers shop) because an 18 wheeler can't get to my hood much less my driveway. Despite many instructions to call first, (large letters on the BOL/shipping instructions), they showed up unannounced so I was not prepared to make the transfer. They ended up leaving it on a concrete slab until I my fork lift guy can show up Friday and get it to my house. Man this thing is BIG. I was aware of all the specs on paper, but in person, its a monster. The x axis motor was loose in the crate, but I don't see any obvious damage anywhere. The crate looked like it took a beating getting here, but everything inside looks good. It's going to take a while to assemble and check out. Lot's of steel stuff. Just the adjustment feet for the stand weigh more than my dog (Chihuahua) .

Looking forward to getting it on the stand. Let the "Fun" begin !!.
    We are very pleased it showed up at your location in one piece (three crates though). The X servo motor is detached prior to shipment since it can not fit assembled while crated. Four bolts and the set screw on the coupler will put the motor back on. The tray is connected via three screws, and the front bellow via four screws and you're done!

The assembly onto the stand is also a piece of cake. I tried Ray's suggestion and assembled the EXPO machine as shown in the attached pictures. It was very easy to do. From assembling the spacer pads on the tray to setting the mill onto the bolting holes, it took about 30-45 minutes. Don't forget the silicone sealant under the pads and inside the bolt holes to make it water tight! Notice the pipe through the column and the straps to hold up the front. A forklift is the way to go.

Happy cutting!

Novakon Team
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20130402-00391.jpg   IMG-20130402-00393.jpg