587,822 active members*
2,894 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Hi Chris. For WAY less than $2800 you could buy a G0602 OR G0752 and CNC it. Then your threading would be easy peasy. You already have a CNC mill, and that would make conversion even easier.

The G0602 will disasemble down to about 275 pounds:
    Page 87

CR.
    http://crevicereamer.com
    Too many PMs. Email me to my name plus At A O L dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    Hi Chris. For WAY less than $2800 you could buy a G0602 OR G0752 and CNC it. Then your threading would be easy peasy. You already have a CNC mill, and that would make conversion even easier.

The G0602 will disasemble down to about 275 pounds:
    Page 87

CR.
    *I have a few Q's ..This post* caught my attention BC i am still considering what lathe i am going to purchase then convert to CNC . Next few months id like to* move forward.** One of the factors that has me staling is that after converting to CNC* id loose the ability to use manual and especially be able to do still do threading on it .

RecentlyI * toyed with the idea to purchase 2 lathes ( converting one to CNC)** However* I* want to buy one lathe to put in my garage now. Then if i move/ retire* take it with me. So the Grizzly* 10x22 or perhaps the LatheMaster 9 x 30 would be a likable candidate.* Could you please share the details in converting* to CNC** yet still maintain the threading option
    *thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KennyV View Post

RecentlyI * toyed with the idea to purchase 2 lathes ( converting one to CNC)** However* I* want to buy one lathe to put in my garage now. Then if i move/ retire* take it with me. So the Grizzly* 10x22 or perhaps the LatheMaster 9 x 30 would be a likable candidate.* Could you please share the details in converting* to CNC** yet still maintain the threading option
    *thanks
    why in the world would you want to keep that option, one of the big benefits of a cnced lathe is much easier, quicker and more efficient threading.

*I have a few Q's ..This post* caught my attention BC i am still considering what lathe i am going to purchase then convert to CNC . Next few months id like to* move forward.** One of the factors that has me staling is that after converting to CNC* id loose the ability to use manual and especially be able to do still do threading on it .

*thanks
    Hi Kenny. You lose NOTHING. You can still manually use a cncd lathe. You use the keyboard or a pendant. Think of it as power feed on X and Y. Just takes a minute to turn on the computer because for CNC you remove all the stuff that makes computer start up take long.

As for threading on CNC it's very simple. You can even use a wizard to just plug in numbers like pitch and length and it will calculate the number of passes. NO GEARS to change.

BTW, the G0602 has a 1 1/32 inch spindle bore--WAY better than the 9x30 3/4 inch.

This thread covers a simple CNC conversion of G0602, including threading spindle sensor:
    http://cnczone.com/forums/vertical_m...version.html\\

CR.
    http://crevicereamer.com
    Too many PMs. Email me to my name plus At A O L dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    Hi Kenny. You lose NOTHING. You can still manually use a cncd lathe. You use the keyboard or a pendant. Think of it as power feed on X and Y. Just takes a minute to turn on the computer because for CNC you remove all the stuff that makes computer start up take long.

As for threading on CNC it's very simple. You can even use a wizard to just plug in numbers like pitch and length and it will calculate the number of passes. NO GEARS to change.

BTW, the G0602 has a 1 1/32 inch spindle bore--WAY better than the 9x30 3/4 inch.

This thread covers a simple CNC conversion of G0602, including threading spindle sensor:
    http://cnczone.com/forums/vertical_m...version.html\\

CR.
    thanks guys i have operated some big equppt w/ mpg controls its ok. Btw do have a Mini mill converted to CNC w/ mach3 software i use it there once in a while. Guess since i used to be a lathe hand im so used to touchy feelly and like the feel of dialing in manual

Do u know if Mach3 lathe software supports threading on lathe?

Hey thanks for the encouragement can you post that link again BC that one dont go tdirrect to CNC conversion of G0602, including threading spindle sensor

thanks again

So the Grizzly* 10x22 or perhaps the LatheMaster 9 x 30 would be a likable candidate.* Could you please share the details in converting* to CNC** yet still maintain the threading option
    *thanks
    A while ago I converted a Lathemaster 9x30.
    Put a 1:1 drive spindle motor on, I used a size 5 Fanuc AC motor.
    The LatheMaster is nice quality with flame hardened ways.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.