587,927 active members*
4,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Looking for an affordable LASER CUTTING HEAD and Auxilliarys for my CNC Router

Lightbulb Looking for an affordable LASER CUTTING HEAD and Auxilliarys for my CNC Router

Will be cutting .125 aluminum and steel, various wood, various plastic. Will also be used for engraving. New or used. Also need power supply and contoller. Under 2000.00$ USD please. I don't need a machine, I have a CNC router already.

For the power you need to cut .125 anything you'll spend more than your $2000 budget on the power supply to drive the tube, then the tube will run you several thousand more. Cutting .125 acrylic or wood only requires 30 watts, I know because I have a 30 watt co2 laser, and that tube and power supply would run you $4,000 to $6,000 for anything besides a Chinese made, water cooled, glass tube. To cut metal you need something in the 400-2,000 watt range, the higher end if you want to cut efficiently. You also need to use gas assist, add a few thousand for that. If you need to cut metal and keep under $2,000 then you better find someone to outsource it. Oh, and you don't want to use the CNC router for the mechanical part, it's just not really feasible to have a multi-purpose machine like that. When you use it as a router you will generate too many contaminants that will wreak havoc on the laser - mainly the mirrors and lens. Buy or build a dedicated machine for laser and cnc and you'll be much better off.

Very good. Thanks for the quick reply. I am just doing a little investigating. You have already answered many questions. Thanks again