587,687 active members*
3,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Lathe Programming with Surfaces

Lathe Programming with Surfaces

I have the basic Lathe x7 package without Solids. We draw in Inventor 2013, When I import the drawing to mastercam I select Trimmed surfaces for programming but It wont allow me to create toolpaths or select points. Make sense?

you are correct you cannot program from surfaces but you can from the solid as it will create a profile to chain. for the surfaces you need to use the option of Turn Profile under the Create list.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

My next question is, when I try to flip the part to do a second operation it only flips the "stock", I need it to flip the entire part around, any tricks to doing this? I'm using the "flip stock" command and that's what I'm getting..Thanks in advance..

when the flip stock window opens there's a tab that lets you select geometry, and then you select the geometry that you would like to transfer, also lets you select the location from and to, if you want to save the geometry in a different level, or blank the geometry, ect
    If you want to learn, teach.