587,418 active members*
3,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Planar touchscreen setup

I just received a used unit that came without documentation. I've downloaded the Elo Touchscreen driver from Planar's archive driver web page, but the setup screen doesn't recognize the installed monitor (which I suspect is the issue). Any suggestions?

IF it's the serial com type, it's like a mess to set up.
    I bought a used one few time ago and every time i rebooted the computer, windows was not recognising the screen, reinstalled and erased like a million times until one day it just worked. Since then, like more than a year ago, not a single problem.

It is the serial type; I have it connected with the 15 pin cable that was supplied with it. The monitor portion worked right away, just plug & play. The touch screen feature; however is MIA. Is there a third cable that should be used? I.E. 1 power, 1 monitor/screen & 1 mouse? Currently I have it setup with just two cables; 1 to power & 1 to the 15 pin on my laptop docking station.

Those two cables should do the job, plug your laptop to the dock, boot it, enter the bios and check if serial port is enabled there. Parallell and serial ports on laptops usually get shut down to save battery on laptops.

If the bios thing is okay, then try with a desktop computer

The third cable did the trick; once I connected the 9 pin to 9 pin it worked without any other setup. The calibration routines worked & now I am ready to swap it out with my machine monitor. .

Ready to buy more of the same @ the $43 delivered price that I paid too, but seller only had one