587,616 active members*
3,304 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

The Greatest Mistery of Chinese Lasers...

Hi All,
    It is a time to upgrade my equimpment and I have decised to wonder accross the ocean and explore some chinese laser options. Oh boy... There is a miriad of companies there: Shenhui, Golden Laser, GWeinke, CNCSomething, HKLaser etc. I was really puzzeled to see all of them (with the exception of Golden Laser) sell exactly the same stuff for around same money!? Guys, I am looking to get some advise on this, which of those are the best to deal with and who provides good quality products, rather than a crate full of bolts and belts...
    Also, I am intersted in one of those LC1325M Metal & Nonmetal Laser Cutting Machine-Metal & non-metal laser cutter-Products-Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser and seeking someone who has one or can provide any feedback on this machine.

Thank you!

Interesting machine... would like to hear some also.

-ichan

@ anp79,Ichan,
    This model is the metal nonmetal laser cutting machine with competitive price.

a) first the laser tube ,it is the reci tube ,but we choose the best one .

b)use 5 piecesAmerican IIV lens&mirror with the constant light path
    c)with the capacitance-type auto dajuster,to make the focus accurate, even without 0.5mm error.
    d)German copy Laser head.
    we also with working videos ,if interested ,feel free to ask me

Best Regards

G.WEIKE LASER
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Hi Lucy,
    Could you please PM me a price and order process for this machine?

Kind Regards

How can a C02 laser cut 1.5mm steel?

Hi Lucy

Please post some working videos.

Quote Originally Posted by gweikelaser View Post
    @ anp79,Ichan,
    This model is the metal nonmetal laser cutting machine with competitive price.

a) first the laser tube ,it is the reci tube ,but we choose the best one .

b)use 5 piecesAmerican IIV lens&mirror with the constant light path
    c)with the capacitance-type auto dajuster,to make the focus accurate, even without 0.5mm error.
    d)German copy Laser head.
    we also with working videos ,if interested ,feel free to ask me

Best Regards

G.WEIKE LASER

@cautious32 amp79,our working videos for your reference:

1313M 0.7STAINLESS-Video-Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by cautious32 View Post
    Hi Lucy

Please post some working videos.
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

@amp79,

send pm to you, and more videos please visit our website
    Video-Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by amp79 View Post
    Hi Lucy,
    Could you please PM me a price and order process for this machine?

Kind Regards
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    How can a C02 laser cut 1.5mm steel?
    My Mitsu CO2 laser will cut 25mm steel easily. On smaller machines it's by the introduction of Oxygen into the heated cut line causing an exothermic reaction. With enough power a CO2 laser will cut pretty much anything.

cheers

Dave

I thought steel acted as a mirror and would not absorb the wavelength.

I thought steel acted as a mirror and would not absorb the wavelength.
    Nope, steel reflects quite true but when hit with 2kW+ it's like playdoh. At 7.5kW it's like butter.At hobby laser level it's not much fun without Oxygen but at industrial level it's not a problem.

cheers

Dave

Is there a safe way to add oxygen to a standard C02 laser cutter and make it do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BvPeAmuvc

Is there a safe way to add oxygen to a standard C02 laser cutter and make it do this?
    Easy answer Rob from an arena you will be familiar with?

It's akin to making a zip gun using a hammer for a striker, a bent nail for a firing pin and a piece of scaffold tube chambered using a $25 Dremel for the 20mm M110A HE Vulcan cannon round and having any possible chance of living when you fire it.

How dangerous is it?

Chaffe, White and Grissom would be able to tell you about Oxygen supported fires if they had lived.

cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Easy answer Rob from an arena you will be familiar with?

It's akin to making a zip gun using a hammer for a striker, a bent nail for a firing pin and a piece of scaffold tube chambered using a $25 Dremel for the 20mm M110A HE Vulcan cannon round and having any possible chance of living when you fire it.

How dangerous is it?

Chaffe, White and Grissom would be able to tell you about Oxygen supported fires if they had lived.

cheers

Dave
    I'd say a small nozzle spraying oxygen is a bit different from 3 people in a tank filled with 100% oxygen. It's not really any different from an oxy torch. On a laser, the laser provides the heat and the oxygen does the cutting. In an oxyfuel torch you have a fuel gas providing the heat and oxygen does the cutting.

I have been to Kern and have seen that laser run. I cut some 14 ga stainless on it. I can tell you without a doubt that there are no special safety precautions taken and none are probably necessary under those circumstances. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use oxygen in the nozzle of most any laser. I am not saying that will make it cut metal as that is only part of the equation (polarization, beam quality, spot size, etc. are major factors)but it would not instantly blow up.

Matt

Hiya Matt,

Blasting high pressure Oxygen into a system designed for use with air comes with a few questions.

Are the electrics "Intrinsicly" safe?
    Is the extraction rated for use with combustion supporting gasses?
    Is the oxygen system protected against creep back?
    Are all the tubes of sufficient quality to prevent friction shock on gas turn on?
    Does the gas system have blowback arrestors?
    Does it have a safety valve to detect pressure drop / leaks in the Oxygen lines?

I have been to Kern and have seen that laser run. I cut some 14 ga stainless on it. I can tell you without a doubt that there are no special safety precautions taken and none are probably necessary under those circumstances.
    The Kern machine is an excellent piece of kit,no doubts about that at all, it is however designed to be used with Oxygen and is not a cheap Chinese toy that has had Oxygen bolted on to it.

There are a number of features on the machine designed to prevent problems that bolting a gas bottle onto a Chinese machine will not have.

I have a gas assisted industrial laser that uses Oxygen and a number of other gasses BUT that is an industrial system and not a reverse engineered hobby machine made to a price rather than a quality standard.
    I've seen first hand an Oxygen assisted explosion, I've seen what was left of the 3 guys in there, it's not pretty. That was a laser that developed a fault (an industrial machine DESIGNED to be used with high pressure combustion supporting gasses). Informed experimentation is one thing, chucking a gas tank on the back of a Chinese machine is something entirely different.

As an example I asked two well informed guys who run Chinese lasers what would they do if the screw in valve got sticky on their gas line, both said "a drop of oil or grease"

When the HSE visit my place the inspector makes a bee-line for the Mitsubishi every time, he's not interested in the other Lasers...just that one. The others get a cursory look later in the day. When I asked why his response was quick and simple "Oxygen Mr Sheldrake"

cheers

Dave

Dave

I don't know much about oxygen service but I do not recall any blowback arrestors, safety valves, "cleaned for oxygen service components" or anything of the sort. In the video you can clearly see the air system with the three gauges on the bottom right of the machine. I am quite sure oxygen is flowing through those "made for compressed air" pressure regulators and a similar solenoid valve turns it on and off. Is this a meltdown waiting to happen or is it quite safe because it is low pressure (less than 20psi once it leaves the tank regulator) and a small supply line?

If there are NFPA or similar regulations I don't think the Kern machines are within code.

Matt

Hiya Matt,

Kerns really are fantastic bits of kit, it's the bits on them we can't see that makes them safe, I don't know anything about US safety codes but here tanked Oxygen in factories / workshops are almost treated like mobile bombs by the HSE. Pressure does indeed contribute to danger but not as much as a badly designed system, I don't know the details of how Kern address safety issues but I'd bet my last dime on the fact whatever they use will have been tested inhouse and externally to VERY high standards. I'll mail Kern now the subject has come up and ask I think, better to have all the details than for me to guesstimate

cheers

Dave