588,531 active members*
9,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    Defeng,

Great pics there! The electronics boxes look great, and I kind of like that color myself. I see you have a few split-head mills there; looks like you and I started a trend...

What's nice with the head clamp design is I could position the spindle as needed depending on the job at hand.
    Hi louie,

It makes me some comfortable that you think the color is not too bad... lol

Yes, I found actually more users will like the 80mm spindle system as you want..lol so I began to think to make 80mm as standard for SVM-0- or at least I guess half people will like 80mm high speed spindle or ISO20 spindle.

I tested the head clamp and it's very tight. There is one issue I have to say is that actually 4 bolts at the 4 corners will be better than 6 bolts because the 2 bolts at the middle positions actually not useful..

I just received the small stainless parts that delayed long period.. so the assembling works can go forward now. And I also got the breakout PCB samples and testing now too. Will post them here soon.
    www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: [email protected]; Skype: skyfirecnc

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Hi louie,

Yes, I found actually more users will like the 80mm spindle system as you want..lol so I began to think to make 80mm as standard for SVM-0- or at least I guess half people will like 80mm high speed spindle or ISO20 spindle.

I tested the head clamp and it's very tight. There is one issue I have to say is that actually 4 bolts at the 4 corners will be better than 6 bolts because the 2 bolts at the middle positions actually not useful..

I just received the small stainless parts that delayed long period.. so the assembling works can go forward now. And I also got the breakout PCB samples and testing now too. Will post them here soon.
    there is also an 80mm iso20 high speed motor spindle up to 42000rpm. expensive, but provides another "drop in" option for the 80mm clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Hi louie,

Happy New Year Defeng!

Great to hear that you finally got those parts! The machines are looking great so far; the trimmings are the icing on the cake.

I can see the demand for high-speed spindles with the smaller machine, especially with the smaller tooling I plan to use (and I think more than a few would) with such a machine. But it's good to know that another spindle can be bolted on and set up relatively easily for other tasks.

I don't mind the 6 bolts and it does give the head a "stronger" look even though the center bolts may not be necessary.