587,173 active members*
3,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport series II interact II tool holders?

Hybrid View

I'm using an old copy of FeatureCAM 2007 that was included with my first Interact which had a TNC151B control. That machine sadly was lost in a moving accident, but I now use the same software with my TNC355 equipped Beaver Partsmaster. Generate the tool paths and post process them into Heidenhain conversational code and use Heidenhains TNCServer to upload them to the control. TNCServer is part of TNCRemo, which is a free download from the Heidenhain.de web site. FeatureCAM has many post processors, and will do H conversational, and H ISO G code with equal ease if you have the magnetic keyboard overlay for your TNC2500. It also allows you to tweak the post processor, so I have adjusted mine to cope with the 16 station tool changer that I have.

You have a TNC2500 as I understand it. Never used one, but I believe it was essentially a TNC151/155/355 rebadged for Bridgeport
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Thanks Andrew for the response. In speaking with Rick Antkowiak from the Heidenhain Corp, He said;

"Since all of our controls are upward compatible any Heidenhain post (TNC100 series to TNC500 series) will work, but if you want all of the features of the TNC 2500 try and find a post for the TNC355, TNC360 or higher control."

So with that being said I did download the TNCremo and the TNCserver so now I'm basically trying to find the CAM system that I can use. I will look into the FeatureCAM.

Again thanks for your time.